• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You Ever Wonder Which One Would Win: Powerstroke Vs Cummins (Video)

a weight thing more than anything else.

I agree I don't think these prove anything, Same gearing, weight tire sizes, traction....on and on. And the real bottom line is who cares anyway? If a certain truck fits your needs you buy it.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
a weight thing more than anything else.

I agree I don't think these prove anything, Same gearing, weight tire sizes, traction....on and on. And the real bottom line is who cares anyway? If a certain truck fits your needs you buy it.

Bingo!

No real point at all! smile

I thought it was just a cool "raw power", (Tim Allen) Huh! Huh! Huh! or Oh! Oh! Oh! kind of video grin

Heck, you hook up 2 Powerstrokes together, on is going to fail or get pulled. You hook 2 Cummins together, one is going to fail or get pulled.

I am sure these truck are stock minus a tunner wink. It could of went either way until that hick-up occured on the Cummins, even then the Ram almost pulled'er back.

Lots of vid's on you- tube!

Ya, a lot of junk video's I have found grin. Non-show the whole pull all the way threw or they are horribly shot out in the front street with daddy's trucks and kids that do not know what they are doing grin

This one by no means was a controlled test, but at least the footage was clear, it was at a track/event, looks like adults or at least the owners of the trucks and you get to see the whole pull, till the end. wink

Like I said, if you find something cool, put it on up! I love these videos, no matter who wins! smile

I knew Valv would find one grin

I had to do it.... grin

Actually there are so many videos of any combination and outcome it's tough to decide which one to post.

I actually like the ones with same brand but different model (like F350 vs F450 etc).

I agree with Shackbash, I really think it's not the most intelligent way to show what a vehicle is capable.

Towing capacity is related to many factors, showing it in a test is very tough, even for a magazine or TV.

Yeah these redneck tug of war does not prove anything. It may prove the owner of the truck had more grip or horsepower than the other. Thats all it really proves. But I still give it up for Cummins because their motors are rated to last 500,000 miles or more while the Duramax and Powerstroke are around 250,000. Cummins straight six turbos last a long time because straight six motors have less problems with harmonic balancing like v motors. Look at Toyota Supra turbo charged straight 6 motors, they can do high 700-800 horsepower with the stock block. Start with a good platform and it all falls in right.