• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

baby girls

musky44

bought two of the baby girls- with the amount of weight thats on them i think it will be a awesome bait for burning for muskies yet i think it will be great for bass and northerns on regular retrieve.great for the price!!!

Personally, I think they may weigh too much. The lead egg-sinker weight in front of the treble hook is the same size as the one they use on the Double-Showgirl. I bought a few of these Baby-Girls, but I plan on rebuilding them with 1/2 size egg-weights too keep them running a little shallower.

Personally, I think they may weigh too much. The lead egg-sinker weight in front of the treble hook is the same size as the one they use on the Double-Showgirl. I bought a few of these Baby-Girls, but I plan on rebuilding them with 1/2 size egg-weights too keep them running a little shallower.

Fish faster!

Jredig summed it up perfectly. Burn them babies as fast as you can to the boat. You should be able to reel them little guys at about 5 mph and keep them running about 18" under the surface. I will be using them a lot this summer for burners.

I'm sure I'll have no problem burning these with my spinning set-up. However, if I lighten them up, I will also be able to burn them just under the surface if I like, as opposed to 12-18" below the surface. The extra weight to make them more castable is not necessary with spinning gear...

Question guys. When I think of a small, heavy bait, I think of one that's designed for long casts, and probably to run deeper? So what's all the fuss about burning these? What makes a heavy small bucktail different than a regular small bucktail?

The smaller bucktails are designed more to be burned than anything. When you start talking super speed it takes quite a bit of weight to hold those baits in the water, just gotta offset the lift from the blades.

The object is to be able to point your rod at the bait as you retrieve super speed and still keep the bait in the water, as opposed to wearing yourself out holding your rodtip down to keep your bait in the water.

The fuss? Cause it works - better on some lakes than others but a viable option anywhere IMO. The baby girls are a little too small to interest me but I've got a couple #8 singles I like alot.

Sounds like a bait that would be perfect for ticking off some big ski, when looking for a reaction strike. Now,only if we has soft water, I would think,that it would be perfect for early season Northerns,too.