• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley

Captain B.R.K

Thanks everyone for the tips...I'll get in touch with the DNR and get me a map.

For those guys that have gone, me being new, what are some tips you wouldn't mind sharing with a fellow archer?!? I'm not looking for spots, but ideas on how to go about this years hunt.
Again never been there, so any information one can share- I'm one foot better off.

Thanks all.

Everywhere has a chance. But we always go to the farthest north simply because there's less people willing to go that far. Find ridges or bluff type hill that butt lowland such as marsh and those small white trees, I don't know what they're called. Once people start moving around the deers move into these thick unhuntable areas. Also find a good trail that leads to the river, I've seen numerous deers cross the river to the other side to avoid hunters.

We have a big fold out map, when my young brother was still in highschool his teacher gave it to him. I think the dnr office at camp ripley also sells a larger map but it wasn't as big as ours and ours showed all the old logging roads. You best bet for a larger map is at the camp ripley dnr office.

Check your local library, they carry maps you could probably get a photo copy. I know the St. Cloud library has tropo maps of Ripley that are divided into three quadrants (3 separate maps). They are very large maps. I have the set of three laminated and I would not go into Ripley without them. They even show all the tank trails.

Good Luck!