• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stratus radio died ......

The radio on my 2001 Dodge Stratus died. I can't figure out how to get the dash open to take it out and use the wiring to hook up something new.

Not looking to replace with the same, just an affordable replacement.

Can anyone tell me how to get the dash trim off so I can get the old radio/cd out and put something new in?

Thanks

Airjer,

As usual, one answer leads to more questions, is this info available to the public and if so where would I find it? I've googled this problem and can't find wiring diagram etc. Also, now it occurs to me that I have the infinity system under the seat. will I be able to just hook up an after market radio and have it work right?

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem. Get yourself an install kit and harness. The harness will plug into the existing vehicle plug and will have a diagram of what wire goes where. The new radio will have its own diagram. Match the wires and you good to go. Assuming that the problem is with the radio and not a blown fuse/bad wiring/other bad components.

Thanks, still can't find the 2 screws but will eventually. I'm sure it's the radio, it only come on when it's very cold, once it warms up it will stop working and just flash if you change anything or turn it on/off.

I hadn't started looking for replacements until after posting this morning, and see that you can get harness adapters for all of them. Last time I put a radio in was 1976, and they didn't have such things!

At least I'm still learning! If I don't find the screws, I'll just pay the $50 to have someone else do it!

Thanks again.

Yep, they just pry off, 6 clips, one each side 2 each top and bottom. Really need to get them to come off top first then sides bottom last ...... I did bottom first and cracked the trim plate on one side, bummer not end of the world.

Bought the new radio and adapters and like Airjer said easy from there.

Thanks guys!