• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CATS Incredible 2009, Red River, East Grand Forks.

Wiskers

Well, Feb. 17th is the dead line for the lottery entry this year. This will be the first year I have not entered in a long time. No boat and no partner. sigh..

Who is planning on going and what kind of predictions do you have?

My dad is dropping the registration off in the morning.

My prediction is we will do as bad as we always have, that is if we get drawn in the lottery. Seams like we've learned something new each year, now we just need to have it all come together with a little luck on our side.

Can't believe this will be my 4th year.

Well, Feb. 17th is the dead line for the lottery entry this year. This will be the first year I have not entered in a long time. No boat and no partner. sigh..

The way I read it is Feb 17th is the first day you can submit an entry:

Quote:
CATS INCREDIBLE 2009

Cats Incredible 2009 will be held on July 31, August 1 & 2, 2009. Entry forms will be accepted beginning on February 17th. The top 15 teams from last year may submit their entry (with the same team members as last year) between February 1st and February 17th for guaranteed entry. To download an entry form and official rules, CLICK HERE

ENTRIES

First day to submit your entry is February 17th in person or postmarked no earlier than February 17th if mailed. The Chamber office will open at 8am to accept entries.

Lottery

Lottery drawing will be held March 10th at 7pm at the Eagles Club in EGF.

Quote:
First day to submit your entry is February 17th in person or postmarked no earlier than February 17th if mailed.

So pretty much you have to have someone who will walk/drive the entry form down for you on the 17th at 8:00am. If you mail it (posted marked) on the 17th, what would be the chances of getting in the drawing? None grin

Line one from the official PDF rules seem too be worded a little different than the the above that I had found:

Quote:
1. Eligibility: Limited to 150 two-person teams. Must fish from boats. Registration begins on Tuesday, February 17, 2009. Registration forms

may be dropped off at The Chamber or postmarked that day. The top 15 teams from the 2008 tournament are guaranteed a spot if the teams

are identical and the completed registration form is postmarked between February 1 and February 17, 2009. On the day the registrations

exceed 150, those received or postmarked THAT day will be put into a lottery drawing to fill the tournament. The remaining registrations will

be placed on the waiting list.

Each contestant must sign an entry/release form. Applications must be complete when registering or they will

be rejected. Tournament officials reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.

Thats the way its always been done. They don't do a first come/mailed first served. You think that would benifit the economy if all the locals got into it. Heck NO! They want the out of towners to rent rooms and spend money, not just locals who can go home at the end of the day.

I'm gonna have to re-read my entry. You have to have it post marked by the deadline. They then have a drawing down the road if I recall correctly. Of course the top fifteen places from the year prior have a guaranteed seat in the tournament.

I'll be sending ours in we missed it by 6 places last year. Then we got the call that we were in and we thought we didn't have a chance in hades. So we made other plans. Lets see if this is the year.

I would love to enroll. I have a partner willing to cough up the $100 and hotel/lodging costs. I also have a boat, but is it worth mailing a $200 check today, if you have less than no chance at getting in?

I also have a boat, but is it worth mailing a $200 check today, if you have less than no chance at getting in?

If you get your letter postmarked today, you have just as good a chance as anyone. Everybody ends up in the lottery drawing.

Maybe this time we can prepare a little bit smile

We plan on going Heck or high water, though I feel confident that we will draw a number under 150 and if we don't I would be willing to bet that with the economy one would have a really good shot getting in..... even if they are the reserve list. You know that some are trying to lock in a spot, knowing that they probably won't be able to make it, but doing it just in case.

Well.....Nate and I decided to enter again this year. We'll see if we get in this year. We are going south ramp.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys again this year.

Rusty...what do you mean no boat?

So sorry fellas for not getting back in here in a timely mannor...I feel pretty bad, I wish I would have look back right away. There are many of you I would of loved to take up there with me for the great catting adventure!!!!

First off, It was pretty depressing to think after over 10 years of fishing this tournament I was not even going to enter.. sigh.. so I just pouted a few days. Im getting tired of putting a ton of effort and heart into some one elses product and after it is all said and done, I get kicked in the "no-roll sinkers". Now after putting thousands of hours on the water up there and moving south and having to start all over again it is getting pretty tough telling myself it can be done. sigh.. That was a lot of work. LOL..

Maybe I will just have to go up there and fish for fun and visit with all the outstanding competitors that make it back each year.

149... Uff Da! Good thing I wasn't at the banquet, would have been sweating that one out! LOL!

I see Shannon & Curt got in as well, team #88.

Darren & Larry got in, team #46. Congrats guys!

Be nice to see you Montana guys again Brady!

You guys pick North Ramp or South Ramp? We should be North again.