• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new camera

Just shot some pics with my first nice camera. It's a canon rebel xs with a 75-300mm lens. Went out this morning and messed around with the advansed modes mainly the TV mode. Let me know what you all think any pointers would be great.

kotagorrila.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Thanks the dogs pic is one of my favorites. I use to take a lot of photography classes in high school but that was using a 35mm SLR camera and that was 9 years ago. I'm still getting use to the digital version. Have any of you used the RAW format on the canon's and how does that work? I was going to go out this week and mess around with that next.Right now I'm just recording in the high quality mode.

Congrats on the new camera. I would stick with the JPEG for now. Raw is just another thing to worry about at first. There are a lot of good reasons to use it but I wouldn't worry about it when you're first starting out. Just have fun with it and keep it out of Auto. grin