• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Digger!!!

K9Art

Is it just me or are others annoyed by "digger". I really dont need to watch a cartoon gopher run around. I was not impressed with it last yr and then to have to watch five minutes of him driving a car in his "tunnels" give me a break. Im done now. What does everyone else thing of the "digger" views?

Well I was sitting there watching the pre-race with my boy and he got a kick out of it. Just think of the kids, we want them to grow up with an interest in the sport, that is one way to draw their attention.

Hunter was laughing his tush off when Digger and Lumpy were running between the Fox trailers.

I have to say that the Keith Urban song/video was about as lame as it gets. They must have paid him big bucks to do something that ridiculous.

And just think, if they had skipped that and started the race an hour earlier, it could have been run all the way to 200 laps before the rain.

DD

Annoyed, I am.

After about the 5th time I saw him using a wrench on his camera I started to get really annoyed. Don't get me wrong I like the camera, I mean its OK. But its not that big of a deal FOX, Get over yourselves.

Guys, like I said earlier, Digger isn't for us, Digger is for the kids. NASCAR has to have some way to draw the attention of the youngsters. What little kid cares if Digger is using a wrench on the camera, little boys love to come out in the garage and help dad by banging a wrench on things. I know mine does. He grabs a wrench and tries to take the wheels off his electric four wheeler. Does it work? No, but he sure has fun doing it while I rotate the tires on the car.

Can't bring myself to like him either - but I asked the owners of My Team Sports what's up with Digger?

The response was that they can't keep his stuff on the shelves. crazy So he's a hit to some.

They need to get more skits for him though. sleep

Digger is not for adults..

I dont have children.. but I can imagine a lot of them really enjoy seeing him on the screen and it gets them interested in a sport that I.. as a child growing up in the 80's.. spent a lot of EFFORT enjoying with my father because I knew he liked it.. i can only think of how much easier that would have been if there were a few things thrown in to keep the kids interested.

I dont have children.. but I can imagine a lot of them really enjoy seeing him on the screen and it gets them interested in a sport that I.. as a child growing up in the 80's.. spent a lot of EFFORT enjoying with my father because I knew he liked it.. i can only think of how much easier that would have been if there were a few things thrown in to keep the kids interested.

My daughters (ages 18 and 17) have found a new appreciation for NASCAR in the form of Joey Logano and David Ragan. gringrin

ok i can see the child thing, and i think that is great. However, it got to me the darn gopher is a bit slow. the cars would go completly by, then he jumps, and turns to see the cars going by. I know the kids dont notice that, its like watching a movie when the words and lips dont line up.

ok i can see the child thing, and i think that is great. However, it got to me the darn gopher is a bit slow. the cars would go completly by, then he jumps, and turns to see the cars going by. I know the kids dont notice that, its like watching a movie when the words and lips dont line up.

LOL this is very true !

It wouldn't bother me so much if it were 1,2, even 5 times but they show digger about 15-20 times, it gets old.

Lets keep a count this week and see how many times they show digger. I'll try and count anyways.