• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOST PORTABLE!!!

I lost my green Eskimo Quick Flip 3 portable fish house on February 14th at 7pm. I was fishing on Lake Ida in the Winstead/Waverly area. I think I lost it coming off the lake or somewhere along the gravel road leaving the lake. It was the house, 20lb tank, scoop shovel and 2 otter rod holders. Please, if you found this unit be kind and return, it also had my MDNR# 004-231-817 on a piece of paper stuck in the license holder of the door. I can be reached by phone at 320-583-5129. Thanks, Shawn

Hope you find your gear. That would be very disheartening. Maybe it's possible they'll be able to get a hold of you using your DNR # by contacting the DNR. Never tried it though and don't now if it can be done. Have faith in the good ones out there, which I hope most of us are.

How is a very good question.

I do feel for you however it happened. Like Sandman said using this site you can get very lucky. Other than that if you lost it by any nearby residential houses coming off the lake you might want to start by going door to door. One of the locals might have spotted it or better yet grabbed it especially if it was on a road. Good luck.

Not hard to lose really if its hitched or tied to a machine . I've had my hitch fail numerous times but I was lucky because the bride was watching or a friend riding behind . All my best in seeing it returned . From what I have seen on this site in the past I honestly think you have a shot at it .

TD

Thanks for all the support! My wife and I were in a hurry loading things up in the truck cause our lil boy was getting sick and I forgot to close the tailgate on my truck. I heard it slide around as usual but this time I didn't have the tailgate shut on my truck and when I got home I went to unload it and my auger (that didn't slide out) and my house was gone. Just in a mad rush and stupidity on my part is how I lost it to answer your questions. I heard it slide either coming off the incline of the access or when I stopped for my boy to get in his car seat and took off again. I didn't think twice about it cause it always slides in the back of my truck but usually I have the tailgate up. Thanks

Call the local sheriff's office and let them know about it, somebody might have contacted them about finding it. That is how we found the owner of one that we found on the highway.

Good advice, hopefully whoever picked it up does the right thing.