• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TIME OF DAY

Gordie

Morning, especially at first light when the gobblers start to hammer away up on the roost. Gets the blood a pumping good! The woods start to wake up with all the other types of birds start to chime in.If you get a good calm morning with no wind,it's awesome! But with that being said, I've killed more birds between 9:00 and noon then right around fly down time.

Just can't beat being there when first light comes, watching the world come to life. The turkey gobbles of the spring woods are an added plus. Can't beat it!

That being said, like paintbrush, I've shot more birds later in the day...guess it's all good.

First light for me too.

The thrill of having Pepe LePue walk within a couple feet or the racoons fighting, rooster pheasants drumming at first light, and of course the main reason we're out there and everything the turkeys do first thing in the morning.

I've been known to be out an hour or better before legal shooting hours. The woods can go from dead silence to a gradual "coming to life" party.

You gotta love it.

My favorite time is morning I like to bring first timers out take them to my secret spot fill them with doubt about how lucky we would be to even here a gobble sneek into the blind a hour and half before shooting time still filling them with doubt knowing whats going to happen then when the first animals first start moving give a few soft yelps and the blind start shaking from multiple toms rolling gobbles like thunder within 100 yard to see the look on their faces still makes me giggle. Cant wait drawn for the first week its gonna be good