• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro Pack

pdk511

Hey all, I was just wondering if you bought a vexilar pro pack ( just the plastic case thing) if you could put a MarCum on there since they are like identical to the size of a fl-8. Please dont start a war about what flasher is better

Yes the chassis is the same width, you will need the nobs, power cap, and ducer from the Marcum unit and the rubber spacer washers. The Vexilar Soft Case will also function as designed also with the Marcum/Vexilar Pro Pack or Ultra Pack conversion.

A Lowrance and Eagle 500 and 300 series chassis will also fit the Vex Pro Pack and Ultra Pack. The Blue Box works very well for these, especially if used with a eternal 2000/3000/4000 GPS module.

Owning both I like the Marcum case much better, when I use my vexilar I just end up taking it out of the blue bag and throwing that out on the ice or back in my car. The Marcum is a little more compact and is great for hole hopping or portabling.

Originally Posted By: BartmanMN
FYI - If you really like having your flasher in a pail, the Marcums fit in the 30lb cat litter pails. They are rectangular in shape.

I tried this but my cats kept burying the Marcum in the litter until I bought a Vexilar.

Sorry, couldn't resist... Carry on.

My beer is all over me now. I am not sure I have ever read or heard anything that funny in my entire life!!!