• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No to Vick

Randyjr.

so If I want to spend less time in Jail, I'll just be a sex offender instead of dog fighting involvements?

makes me sound like a better person? I don't know crazy

what Vick did was Illegal, but there are more things that are worse than that we need to look at. What Sled said about things like that being on the news more than other important things in life is ridiculous in my opinion.

It wouldn't be fun watching Vick playing for the Vikes, with AP and Vick rushing 85% of the plays of the game and less receiving in the game would be boring for me. Just my 2 cents cool

The guy did some despicable things, ya sure there are worse offenders out there. Should he be let back into football and represent a franchise I say no. Why reward a guy just because he may have talent and sweep what he did under the carpet like it never happened. Yes these other offenders should not be let back in but money talks and some fans are willing to turn there heads just for the sake of entertainment. By ignoring what he and others have done you only support the fact these guys can do what they want and if caught and you are a big enough player it will be swept under the rug and life is back to normal for them.

What is more important morality or ones own entertainment.

He broke the law. He faced a jury of his peers. He was convicted. He has paid his price to society as the law dictated. He now deserves a second shot. Someone will sign him if he's reinstated.

He broke the law. He faced a jury of his peers. He was convicted. He has paid his price to society as the law dictated. He now deserves a second shot. Someone will sign him if he's reinstated.

Thats how I feel.

Why should a person not be given a second chance at a career? I want rehabilitated criminals to come back and be productive members of society.

He did his time. Would u rather have the message sent that , "hey, once u commit a crime you should be punished for it your whole life and you might aswell never become productive cause you'll always be a worthless criminal in the eyes of society".

I want to see Vick lead a positive life and get back into the NFL, rather than lose everything and be a drain on society and the justice system.

After he serves his time he can go back out and live his life as yes, he has served his time.

That does not change the fact that he is still a animal. Jail won't take that part of of him.

That's an awful bold statement to make about someone that you have never met.

Well, 99.9% of all released felons go on to a bright career at the fairgrounds picking up trash, not being glorified millionaires playing a game. Ban him from the NFL and let him play in the arena league. This all reminds me, I need to see why I haven't gotten the Ron Mexico jersey I ordered off a popular auction site I can't mention. He and his little brother are pieces of trash and neither one should ever be given the chance to live lavishly ever again

Well, 99.9% of all released felons go on to a bright career at the fairgrounds picking up trash, not being glorified millionaires playing a game. Ban him from the NFL and let him play in the arena league. This all reminds me, I need to see why I haven't gotten the Ron Mexico jersey I ordered off a popular auction site I can't mention. He and his little brother are pieces of trash and neither one should ever be given the chance to live lavishly ever again

Rick Hendrick (nascar team owner) went on to turn his life around after his felony conviction.

Shows chartacter when you can rise above past mistakes.

After he serves his time he can go back out and live his life as yes, he has served his time.

That does not change the fact that he is still a animal. Jail won't take that part of of him.

This is just plain crazy talk right there.

Hopefully Vick has changed his life. Working in Corrections I see lots of "Career Criminals". You always hope that people can change. Sometimes one mistake is all it takes, Sometimes people never learn. Hopefully Vick learned. Would like to see him get a seceond chance in the NFL because he was an exciting player to watch, but in the same breath would not like to see him in purple.

I believe I did state that Mr Vick was welcome to go into society after he has served his time. I simply stated that he was an animal for doing what he did.

A sane person would not do what he did.

Yes, there are a few that do serve their time and change and that is great.

Slednecks quote

I dont know about you, but I for one wouldnt shed a tear if the species was eliminated from the face of the earth forever right now!

Thats pretty much the way Mr Vick also thought.

My point is that it is not right to do this to an animal and that if you do treat an animal like this, you may be lowering yourself that low or lower.

Thats all I have to say.

HL, I agee with you, I do not want to see Vick in the NFL again. Playing in the NFL is and should be a privilege, players should be held to high standards, and if they cant meet them, they shouldnt be allowed in the NFL. I thought that pro sports were trying to clean up and get rid of the trouble makers, I would call Vick trouble.

HL, I agee with you, I do not want to see Vick in the NFL again. Playing in the NFL is and should be a privilege, players should be held to high standards, and if they cant meet them, they shouldnt be allowed in the NFL. I thought that pro sports were trying to clean up and get rid of the trouble makers, I would call Vick trouble.

Agree with both of you guys. He's a thug that doesn't need to be a roll model to kids.

As for pit bulls. I don't care for them, I don't understand why someone would want one, especially if you have kids. But to miss treat an animal, any animal, is extremely unethical and uncalled for.

To me, there are two things in this world that can't take care of themselves, kids and animals. You hurt one of those and I have no time for you.

Sled, I am in no means a pit bull lover, but to hang and drown animals like he did is pathetic. Too bad one didn't bite every finger on his left (throwing) hand off while he was drowning it, maybe have taught him a nice little lesson in humanity. And as far as Rick Hendrick, I read his wikipedia bio, mail fraud. Never went to prison, did his time in home confinement. Sled, apples and oranges. He went in a millionaire, and came out a millionaire. Maybe when Jeffrey Skilling is released he will be a Boy Scout troop leader, but to me he will always be a POS.

Sled, I am in no means a pit bull lover, but to hang and drown animals like he did is pathetic. Too bad one didn't bite every finger on his left (throwing) hand off while he was drowning it, maybe have taught him a nice little lesson in humanity. And as far as Rick Hendrick, I read his wikipedia bio, mail fraud. Never went to prison, did his time in home confinement. Sled, apples and oranges. He went in a millionaire, and came out a millionaire. Maybe when Jeffrey Skilling is released he will be a Boy Scout troop leader, but to me he will always be a POS.

How much of the actual things that were mentioned did Vick do to the animals? I know he is responsible cause

1. its his money

2. his property

3. he allowed it to go on

4. he was involved with fighting the specific dogs

With his schedual its more likely that these things were MOSTLY done by his hang-arounds, cause they probably dont have jobs or anything else to do besides train dogs for fighting.

I already said its bad and illegal for what he did. You have to keep cruelty to animals standards the same, cause you wouldnt want people doing this to other people's pets or dogs like Labs and such.

I have no love at all for pit bulls, they are loose cannons no matter how well people claimed they are trained. There is no argument from me that what Vick did was wrong and illegal.

should it keep him out of the NFL forever?

IMO NO.

Maybe I just root for people to change their life for the positive and come out of it. I dont want to condemn someone forever especially for something that he's paid his debt for.