• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New shimano

TonkaBass

I will say this.. I had to have my Shimano order in about 2 weeks ago.. And I ordered a few of the new Curado E.. and plan on putting them on Cumara, so I hope they fit well.. One set up is going to be a baitcaster drop shot, the other is going to be a baitcaster shakey worm set up..

I read elsewhere that the tooling for the new Curado and Citica is designed to mimic the size and shape of the Core. Using less expensive components and materials obviously. But the decrease in size is supposed to get them to be the same size as the Core. If that is the case, you already know what the combo will feel like Deitz.

I will double check my source, but I am about 95% sure on this.

Checked, not the exact same, but very similar. The fit and finish are not quite what the core is, and the sideplate comes off different but they are very close.

Core on Cumara

3293557632_6a94580fc6_o.jpg

Citica on Cumara

3293557642_f9962c6312_o.jpg

Curado will look just like the Citica, except it will be that sexy new green color.

well i ordered the 7'2'' MH Cumara got a good deal on it, $160 (apparently it had been used once) but still never spent that much on a rod before. Hope I enjoy it, I had been looking at everything from carrot stix, st. croix legends, AllStar rods, and Mojo Bass...Man, the itch always gets bad around this time of year :-/

I got my new rod... 7'5" Loomis mossyback fast action med power. WOW! I love it. Not like most med actions I have felt, stiffer than some of my med heavy rods. I will use is for all sort of stuff and cant wait to set into a piggy with it!

Gotta give another vote for the Cumara - I have quite a few rods and I think it is superior in its price range. I plan to buy 2-3 more this year.

I prefer the medium rod personally for spinnerbaits (as that is the main lure I throw).

I got 4 of the cumaras and love them! 3 cast and 1 spin. The cast are with curados and a core. They are LIGHT! With the Cumara being 3.x ounces and the core at 6.x...it should be 10 ounces! Thats 1 ounce shy of the steez setup! Great price for a great rod. The spin setup gets alot heavier but thats because the reels are a bit bulkier. You'll love that setup guys!

I liked the cumara a lot, but I also like a little cork to grab onto for some techniques. The rod I bought will be used for caronlina rigs, medium wieght jigs of all types, spinnerbaits, and maybe even some light slop fishing stuff. I just like having the oversized cork forgrip to grab onto when ripping the lure and setting the hook. Also with how light it felt with still being nice and stiff, it made my choice easy.