• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with info on old shotgun

Ole1855

I have a question regarding an old shotgun. About 30 years ago I was in a gun shop on Lake Street, I think the name was Mpls. Outlet, I was purchasing a used Remington 870 Wingmaster. When the gun behing the counter say's " I'll sell you this old shotgun for $10", I thought what the heck, for $10 I can hang it on the mantel. My question is, I'd like to know more about the gun but as of yet I haven't found anyone that knows anything about it.

It's a 12 guage side-by-side and on the break it's stamped Kirk Gun Co. St. Paul.

Any ideas?

Ole

Probably made by Crescent/Stevens/Savage. There is little known or posted about the Kirk Gun company out of the south corner of St. Paul.

I'm gonna guess it has double triggers, hammers and extractors.

I'd use nothing but lower power lead.

Irving,
I've never shot it and have no intention to, when you break it the hinge is real loose, it's just kept as an old nice to look at shotgun.

It does have double triggers but no hammers.

I figured it was a gun made for Kirk by someone else.

Ole