• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok with out knowing

LOTWSvirgin

I would say brady anderson.

ok, I am just kidding. but that goes to show you what roids can do your your game. he never hit more than 10 homers a year, then that one year he hits 50. then never above 10 again till his career ended soon after the 50 season.

I would say hrbek was clean, he was just big, no veins poping out his neck like a john rocker, who never used roids, ya right. wink

Tony Gwyn was clean...I think?!? PierB is right though, there is nothing you can pick up at any nutritional store that gives you the bump that roids will. Not even close. It's like comparing a baby aspirin with Valium/Vicoden.

Quote:
I don't care how roided up a player is, they still have to put the bat on a 99 MPH fastball.

When a roided player does put a bat on the ball, it turns a routine fly into a homerun.

If hitting a MLB pitcher was that easy, why is hitting .350 a big deal?? I understand being on the juice makes the ball go farther, but the guy has to hit it first, not as easy as it sounds

Originally Posted By: Duffman
Quote:
I don't care how roided up a player is, they still have to put the bat on a 99 MPH fastball.

When a roided player does put a bat on the ball, it turns a routine fly into a homerun.

If hitting a MLB pitcher was that easy, why is hitting .350 a big deal?? I understand being on the juice makes the ball go farther, but the guy has to hit it first, not as easy as it sounds

Steroids does not improve eye hand coordination but if a guy is on steroids his bat speed is faster which makes it easier to get the head of the bat out there. It allows for more time to see a pitch before deciding ball or strike, off-speed or fastball. It allows a guy to get to first faster or stretch a single into a double. It allows a guy to tag up when maybe he wouldn't have had the speed othewise. There are many reasons steroids makes a guy a better ball player.

I just was reading on a different site that Jesse Ventura did an interview with a TV station, I think out of Denver, basically said that the Feds should hold Bud Selig accountable too. His point was he was in the WWF when the feds went after them for steroids and the Pres. Vince McMahon had to serve prison time for the actions of his employees and that this should be no different.

I don't always agree with The Bod, but I think he brings up a valid point on this one. I'll try to cut and paste the article and put it in here as an edit

Its a long article, so I am cutting & pasting some of the comments, if you do a search for NBC 9 in Denver you can see the whole article.

DENVER - Former Minn. Gov. Jesse Ventura says he wonders why the federal government has not indicted Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig after 104 players tested positive for steroids in 2003.

"In the early '90s, the federal government came into pro wrestling and tried to put Vince McMahon in prison for steroid use of wrestlers. My question is: They've now determined 104 baseball players failed their steroid test in 2003 - 104. They indicted Vince McMahon, why aren't they indicting Bud Selig?" Ventura asked. "He's the head of baseball, it happened on his watch."

"What you have here is two sets of law enforcement. One set: 'Oh, pro wrestling, let's go after the head of that and put him in prison for steroid use.' And pro wrestling is not even an athletic competition. We went to court and said we're sports entertainment. Here, you have a legitimate athletic competition with 104 guys using illegal drugs - cheating - and where's the indictment of Bud Selig on this?"

McMahon, who went to trial in 1994 after being accused of steroid distribution to pro wrestlers, was eventually acquitted.

"They indicted Vince McMahon. He had to beat it with his own lawyers or go to prison," Ventura said. "How come Selig isn't being treated the same way?"

Ventura, who admitted he used steroids, going public about his use in the '90s, says he doesn't buy the argument that Selig was oblivious when it came to the rampant illegal drug use in professional baseball.

"You can't tell me for one minute that Bud Selig and the owners didn't know," Ventura said. "They were profiting from it. Baseball was dead in the water until the big home run race between (Mark) McGwire and Sosa - Sammy - and that rejuvenated baseball, made all the profits so Bud Selig could make $17 million a year."