• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Final Five Tourney

titelines

I'm kinda outnumbered here but I'll stick with the Pioneers! They're always tough in the final five, they like that big sheet of ice, and their goaltender (Chevy) is also getting hot. Gonna be a great game!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda outnumbered here but I'll stick with the Pioneers! They're always tough in the final five, they like that big sheet of ice, and their goaltender (Chevy) is also getting hot. Gonna be a great game!

The ice sheet at the "X" is not a big sheet of ice, it's the puny worthless NHL ice sheet. You must have it confused w/ the sheet @ Mariucci. Should be a great game tonight, I'm going to be pulling for the dogs, but I think DU has the benefit of 1 less game, as well as the early game.

I am not sure how it happened but the sioux thought they could just show up and win. Wrong. I am not sure how these punks can put on the UND Sioux jersey and stink it up? It is embarassing and unacceptable. Put the gophers in the NCAA's and leave the sioux at home. The don't deserve sh_t.

I have to agree Red that the Sioux didn't look ready to play last night, and once UMD killed the major, they looked like they just gave up. That was a big surprise, because I think a big reason they are so good every year is the tough hard-working hockey they usually play. On another note, it looks like I was wrong about which team would have the fresher legs tonight. UMD is really looking good.

UMD is definitly the real deal sweeping CC and winning three games in a row to take the broadmoor trophy. It should be interesting to see who made the NCAA tourament today at 10:30 AM on ESPN 2.

I'm so proud of the way UMD turned things around. They were humbled by the Gophers, embarrassed by the Sea Wolves, and then went on a 5 game tear against four of the best teams in the conference.

With Stalock playing the way he is, it kind of reminds me of Brian Elliot for the Badgers a few years back. With a hot goalie anything is possible. Kind of wish the NCAA's started tomorrow!

I am not sure how it happened but the sioux thought they could just show up and win. Wrong. I am not sure how these punks can put on the UND Sioux jersey and stink it up? It is embarassing and unacceptable. Put the gophers in the NCAA's and leave the sioux at home. The don't deserve sh_t.

Relax Red. I bleed green more than anyone and was disappointed in their weekend more than anyone . . . but they deserve their shot. The past few years, they had good F5's, and fair regionals and poor F4's, Hopefully, with a poor F5, they'll pull their heads out of their azzez and get back to the F4. They have to put a band-aid on their PP and PK, get back to hitting, shooting and hitting some more and then they have a chance. Go Sioux, go Bulldogs and go Beavers!

I wish they wouldn't put two WCHA teams in the same region. They didn't even mention anything about UND on the selection show. They must of watch them play this weekend and figure they wouldn't make it past New Hampshire. UND better get there act together.

Think they're singing any version of this in Duluth today:

"In heaven, there is no beer that's why we drink it here and when it's gone from here..."

Congratulations UMD! Very well done.

The Sioux and Gophers have been and should be embarrassed by their effort.

Big difference is the Sioux can rectify the problem by winning the National Title and the Gophers are heading to the Golf Course!

Quote:
The Sioux and Gophers have been and should be embarrassed by their effort.

They probably are.... sleep

Well, another great weekend of hockey. 8 years and counting, some of the best entertainment for the $$.

My assessment:

• I rooted for, but didn't expect much from the Gophs (especially the way The dogs came into the tourney). I was not disappointed. Gophs got what they deserved, but they'll be back.

• Really disappointed in the Sioux. The fire I've come to expect wasn't there, except for some random displays from Hextall and Genoway. Didn't skate consistently and lacked emotion. Really didn't expect them to go 0-2, but they'll be back.

• Denver was what I expected. Not real flashy, good goaltending and very disciplined and well coached.

• Wisconsin surprised me. They really had nothing to play for on Saturday and impressed me with their determination, speed and the way they controlled the play.

• UMD - What can you say. They were the best team this weekend. The out-hustled everyone, won the race to the puck, won on the boards, and looked like the fastest team every game. Mix in some good defense and a hot goalie and they got what they deserved. They are my second favorite team and I certainly didn't expect them to do it, but was very happy to see it done. Well done and congrats!

Friday's PA Show was fun, but not the same without Puffy. Gorg and Darby were there in person and added the brains to the hockey discussion.