• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ole

Losing Antifreeze

Help, My 1999 Polaris 500 seems to be going through antifreeze. I've done several visual inspections but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Anyone else ever run into this??

ole

Check the oil, is there antifreeze in oil or oil in the antifreeze? If there is there is a mechcanical seal that goes bad behind the water pump. And antifreeze will leak into your oil. It is a common problem. More common on the twin engines than the singles but also happens on the singles. Also there should be a weep hole where antifreeze can leak out behind the water pump pump.

yea if there isnt a spot on the floor or something you can see where its leaking dont run it anymore. check the oil for antifreeze if you i would guess u have a bad gasket? or something more serious

your head gasket could be leaking. Would see extra steam coming out the exhaust and or clean piston tops. They don't always leak on the outside either, so it may be running it through the motor.

Yeah check the weep hole on the water pump, you might not see a puddle ever. Pretty common.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to give it a complete check.

I was thinking along those same thoughts.

ole

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• How deep were the trout running?  We heard ultra deep on Crow to 30 ft.  The 30 ft number came from people actually catching them.   Thanks for the pics!  I like the fly rod smallie.
    • try the raid spray on grass at bottom. 
    • Here are some pictures from this years trip!
    • How do you keep ants off your feeders, especially hummingbird and oriole feeders? I've tried Toro and Raid sprays on the post but it seeks the birds don't like that smell either and i don't see many for a while. Has anyone else experienced that? Any good ideas?
    • I should’ve looked closer - I have an eyes open pic too. 😌  Tough to tell sometimes on my phone screen.  
    • Among other wilds that have moved into our urban areas, we can now add loons.  There is a breeding pair on the lake formerly known as Calhoun, mostly staying on the west and northwest sides.  But there is also a bunch of yearlings fishing the east side, numbering maybe six or seven and so unafraid that they come right up to the 36th Street dock and try to steal suckers being used for musky bait.  Maybe the call of the wild is not really so alien to the South side of Minneapolis, but it looks like the loons have moved in and can be heard calling from time to time. 
    • Sounds like you guys gave her heck up there to find them. I'd be praying thanks, too if I got that one on! ☺️
    • Quick recap:   Weather was too darn “nice”!  Upper 80’s - 90’s; no wind to speak of; mostly sunny. Water temps were anywhere from 64 - 71 depending on location and day.   We looked the lake over from end to end, marking up our map and returning to some places where we saw fish either later the same day or a couple days later.  We could literally see the transition from spawn to post spawn happening during our stay.  Being new to both muskie fishing and that lake, we spent time in dead water as much as good water but feel like we got a pretty good handle on how to go about setting up a more efficient return visit.  It was a lot work and long hours but I’d go back this weekend if I could so I must’ve enjoyed it.   A few pics as hoped for:
    • big dave 2 and leech, darn good lookin meals!!!!  Dave have a good weekend!!!!
    • Ok Dave have a good weekend. Hope you get over the whole butt hurt Leech deal! Not sure where you got that I don't like folks smoking or grilling things?  I know I do enough. Have fun! 🙂