• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what size tires?

jvjohnson

im looking at getting a set of itp mud lites xtr for my can am outty 500. the only thing is that i cant decide between 26s or 27s. fronts will be 9 wide and rears will be 11 wide. i will be putting a clutch kit in at the same time.

will i have good acelleration with the 27 or should i go with the 26s? half and half between trail riding and mudding

Plan on getting MUDDY! I have a 700 King Quad, and my buddy has the CanAm. we both have 26 ITP Mud Lights. When we go for a wet ride he is soaked in about 1 hr. Fenders dont catch any of the mud. He gets it all. You may have to add to your fenders to keep the mud of you. Now when you go where there are no trails, you have to make sure you dont rip them off. Good Luck

i will second that for the ice. what are your trail/riding habits. i would look into some highlifter mst tires. had some 26 on my 800 outlander and they would be my all around best tire for woods and slop riding. fender extenders would be recomended. get hung up just a lil with any tire that has some deep lugs with the outy and you will be soaked.

This might be a silly Question, but I am sure it's the same as with a Truck. If you go with a larger tire then what it ws stocked with. Then don't you get inaccurate Speed and Distance readings on the Speedometer, odometer?

SO with taht, there must be a way to recalibrate as well?

KLoopBinaction? do you have a 500 outy? i have tryed to wheelie and can never get the front end all the way up it will pop up about 3 inches than slowley drop down. Im planning on using my stock tires with chains in the winter un less the snow is deep like this year than using the xtrs or what ever I end up getting. are the xtrs bad on snow to or just ice?

KLoopBinaction? do you have a 500 outy? i have tryed to wheelie and can never get the front end all the way up it will pop up about 3 inches than slowley drop down. Im planning on using my stock tires with chains in the winter un less the snow is deep like this year than using the xtrs or what ever I end up getting. are the xtrs bad on snow to or just ice?

No it's a 800xt