• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northwest Boat Show March 12-15

bassNspear

I'll be there! I've gone the last 11 out of 12 years(if not more) with my dad. It's our "daddy 'n' me" thing to do. I always try to take the Fri. off. Last year I had just found out I was getting grandpa's crestliner and hadn't gotten involved with the forum. I learned alot on the get-togethers last summer and now have that many more reasons to go(man this hobby can get expensive!!) See ya there!

(by the way, thought I'd have an easier time finding this topic)

Jason,

I'm going down tomorrow late afternoon. I'll look you up. I still like the Warrios eventhough I purchased a 2003 YarCraft 1895 storm tiller last year.(I'm very happy with).

It all came down last year to what I could find (I had some of the Warrior guys look for me also. Dean @ YarCraft helped me also).

I started looking last Dec. I would recommend anyone looking for a used boat to do the same thing I did last year. They were both very helpful, and it saved me alot of time also.

I am going to try and come down Friday...

Where is the most reasonable priced place to park??

Bloomington . . . laugh

You can try Central Lutheran behind the convention center, I think they're about $5 cheaper than the ramps. Ramps are all about the same prices.

I made the trip down today and had my Leech Lake knives sharpened up. Stopped and said hello to Deitz and browsed some of the tackle displays. I made a trade deal with the antigue lure guy and should soon be recieving some Heddon river runts to add to my collection. Took a lake Gogebic resort flyer and looked into some of the great deals at the Marine General booth. I managed to get out without buying anything but now have the Marine general catologue with a few ideas on how to spend the tax refund. Definately not as large as in years past but I accomplished my mission for going down there.

Tunrevir~

Dad and I went on Fri. Stopped and talked to Jason/Bass N Spear at the Rapid exhibit, then headed for the Eric Olson Walleye Seminar. He was having a drawing at the Rapala booth and won a box of tackle/lures. Also sat in on the Terry Tuma Walleye Seminar. Got a chance to meet Dietz and do some shopping. Dad and I both bought an Okuma trolling rig - I learned about trolling rigs at the Mille Lacs night trolling weekend last fall. Dad had never heard of a "trolling rig"- and thats all he does! Tried to meet Jason from Sportland because we go in there every summer..but he wasn't there. Learned alot and had a good time with my Dad!

Patti

We got a real kick out of the snake show! The guy (Larry Battson) did a great job, both in the information and also for pure entertainment value.

I must say that we were disappointed in a couple of the seminars. Especially the "Getting the Most out of Your Electronics for Walleyes" because it was more of a sales seminar than real information IMO.

I liked the short drop-shot rig demo at the fish tank. I've heard about these things, but I have not tried one, or seen one before.

I was glad to see such a good turn out on Saturday. These folks work hard to haul their stuff to the show, so it was good see the support.

I will always attend this show in spite of what the economy does in the future! One of the rights of spring IMO.