• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Permys and this rain

FasterThanYou23

I am reminded of about 7 years ago or so when it was like 60 and the permies all were floating like bobbers. Apparently had something to do with the wind ripping currents and "cutting" around houses, leaving a large hole and floating house. I had a friend that had it happen to him and it took alot to get it out. I would get it off the ice, just for saving time later this season, could you imagine chipping that out!

Thats an amazing Pic RonWbasser!

Hoggs222-let your fellow FMers know where your house was and what it looks like.. maybe even add a pic.. Create a new post about a stolen house.. guarantee it will get looked at a TON. You never know.. maybe someone will spot it. its worked B4. Sorry to hear that happened. That blows..

ronwbasser were the hec was that picture taken at. That is unreal.

NE Crow Wing county. Around 15 miles from Brainerd. Most all the lakes up here are this way. This was the 3rd one coming to shore. I watched the first 2 way out on the lake and the water splashing up was amazing, about as high as the side windows. This was the third one and he was driving a lot slower. The plow you see is hitting water and it was in a normal raised position.

It was quite a sight, glad I had my camera along.

Seen a number people taking their houses off of Osakis this afternoon. Lots of standing water on the lake. Some areas are only a couple inches of water and other spots there is 6 inches or more. Saw other people move them to a little higher spot and block them back up.

I checked mine after work and glad I did, the holes I drilled on Saturday had opened up to about 18". Decided to pull it in by shore for now. I marked these holes, but it's pretty dangerous moving around the lake now especially if you're going out when it's dark. I'm gonna wait until cools off enough to freeze the lakes back up before I go back out.

Drill some holes a little off from the houses, the water might drain into them and the house might not flood.

This works very well to relieve the water pressure from on top of the ice. We have done this many time. The water goes down the hole, and the ice comes back up. Makes the hard water season last a little longer.