• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07 Sportsman 450

Walleye Inn

I found a good deal on a 07 Sportsman 450 with only 125miles on it and plow and windshield. Just curious if anyone has any personal experience with the 450 since it seems to have only been made in 06-07? Not interested in hearing about other machines just this one since that is what I'm looking at. Thanks for any info good or bad.

I bought a 07 new. I don't get to use it near as much as I'd like, but when I do, I'm happy that I made the purchase. It's a great machine. I can't imagaine any situation where I'd wish that I would have bought a bigger one. The only possible improvement would be fuel injection, but it's not that big of a deal to pull out the choke lever when it's really cold out. I use mine for hunting, riding and used to use it to pull a portable fish house. I don't ice fish any more but when I did, it was plenty sufficient. You'll be happy with it.

Thanks, I'm waiting of if another guy could get a loan for it or not then im next in line. My dad has a 03 sportsman 400 and has been used and abused and is still great but was just curious about the motor or any problems. Thanks for the response and hope I get the call its still for sale soon. I'm not too worried about having to pull the choke out.

I have an 06 450 Sportsman and I'm happy with it. I've had no problems starting in cold weather using the choke. I ice fish some and trail ride some in summer. Nice and comfy ride and fast enough for me. The 450 is the former 400. The engine in a 400 was really 435cc or so. Polaris/Fuji tweaked the engine a bit to 455.

The EBS (engine braking)of the 500 series would probably be a nice feature but this machine was a few hundred $$$ cheaper than the 500 as well.