• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should I hold onto my gear????

I am currently going to school to become a CO, and will be in school for anthoer year and a half or so, I have all this waterfowl hunting equipment just sitting in my garaga that has been used for a year, I am woundering if I should sell it all and get new stuff when I have the time to hunt waterfowl again.

I just dont have the time to hunt waterfowl whe I am going to school full time and work full time and have a wife and kids to boot! Thanks

well if you wanna sell it go ahead but i don't think that your stuff will be in bad shape by the time you get to hunting again and who cares if your camo won't be the newest that doesn't matter cuz i have a tan coat that was my grandpas from the 50's and that my favorite hunting coat and i still shoot ducks with it so i'd keep your gear

KG, sort out the stuff you don't like and would like to get new down the road and put on C/list. But you also have to think about 2 years from now with kids, and a new job, and old bills. If it's all paid for now I guess I would hold on to it. If things go well down the road you can always sell then, or if you really need the cash at anytime in between you can still sell it. I know it hard looking at it and knowing you can't do anything with it. Good luck but take the sure path! wink

Sell it....your in a bad spot...the value of the gear is only going to decline...the economy is bad...either way you are going to lose. I say the best thing to do is to simply gift it all to me....the sting of your loss will be lessened knowing that it all went to a good person. cool In fact if you don't get rid of it today, there is a good chance that you will end up paying someone to haul it away. Let me know when I should pick it up!!

Sorry....I've never been any help crazy

lt

I am currently going to school to become a CO, and will be in school for anthoer year and a half or so, I have all this waterfowl hunting equipment just sitting in my garaga that has been used for a year, I am woundering if I should sell it all and get new stuff when I have the time to hunt waterfowl again.

I just dont have the time to hunt waterfowl whe I am going to school full time and work full time and have a wife and kids to boot! Thanks

sell it.

if youre going to become a CO, youll probably never have time to hunt till youre retired, anyways

I would hang onto it unless you have to have the cash.

The day will come when you will want the gear and the price will have doubled or you may have a family and cannot afford it.

I have sold a few things over the years and always ended up replacing them with more money out of the pocket. You may get good money now for it but i doubt that as many others are selling.

No sense of almost giving it away now and then buying back at an even higher price.

Hatlestad is exactly right... why pay good money twice for the same thing?

Only reason I might possibly consider selling some gear in your situation is if you plan to upgrade that gear in the future, then get what you can for it now.

What kind of gear are you actually considering to unload? Decoys never get old, we still hunt over some that are 20 years old. Gun? Lasts forever with good care. Camo? Solid marsh tan still works.

Keep your stuff unless you have to get rid of it. I went threw most of the Dnr process to become a CO. I talked with the CO that did my last interview and she said that its a common myth that you don't have any time to hunt. You just end up working openers and weekends. That was fine by me, becasue I am a cop and i don't get to hunt alot of weekends anyway, its just tougher to find someone that has the same schedule as me.

Keep the stuff and hunt when you can. Even once or twice a year is better than never. Plus during the week you have most everything to yourself.

Keep it! Replacement costs versus what you'll get for it are not equal! It's a hard time to get into state jobs, so don't plan on being able to buy anything until you're sure you have the time and the money. Until then hold onto your stuff and pick up a second job or something. Your future self is thanking you from the blind on opening day 201X.