• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not exactly Rod Building & Lure Making

Dosn't quite fit in this forum but I figured i'd share anyways...

I have a 6 inch Lazer auger with an off-set handle. Well the top hand part of the handle comes right off which is no biggie till I dont remember to put it in my pocket or trap. I had always figured I could come up with something on my lathe if the day came.

So im fishing with a friend on saturday who's auger had the same disease only he finally lost the top. I came up with this tonight...

A block of wood, my handle and some copper tube that is slightly bigger in diameter than the handle shaft...

p2092771lt2.jpg

Got the piece of wood on the lathe and turned down a handle type shape...

p2092775oy3.jpg

Drilled and dremeled out the bottom and cut the copper to the right length...

p2092777hu0.jpg

Now I just need to epoxy the tube into the handle and put a few coats of finish on it...

p2092778cv1.jpg

I know, I know - ya could just call the company and get a new one. Well they are out of stock and this one is one of a kind is way cooler... cool

So last week my lucky icescoop of nearly 10 yeas broke. My few brain cells bounced around and I came up with this - a custom cedar handle fresh from the lathe!

p2202800.jpg

p2202801.jpg

A little dremel action and some 2 part epoxy, I got a brand new one of a kind scoop. Not sure yet if she floats but I know with a longer handle it definatly would...

p2202802.jpg