• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearing

coombia21

I have never had an auger.

I chip though with a chisel then use the ice saw.

It works great up to about 15" of ice.

Then it is a real bear.

I gotta get this automated ice saw prototype completed then I can cut all the way around the lake and not break a sweat!!

what would be good decoys to get

There is alot fo decoys out there. For myself, i have been a huge fan of the bear creek decoys. They have been a great decoy for me over the years.

There alot of people out there that make awesome wooden decoys as well. Alot of it come to personal looks and what you like.

Bear Creek is tough to beat!

Originally Posted By: elwood
are you gonna be for hire?

I have most of the parts to make 2 but no time right now.

If you have time to put 2 together, I will give you the parts I have for the extra one for putting mine together.

Then we could both be for hire!! lol

I can make time merk just let me know.

ha i have a good one made in waterville, works great, have never had a fish fall off.

now i want a better one i saw one made by "kremer" i think thats how you spell it. its stainless steel with a coper handle, but spendy, and i still want it.

i guess thats the collector in me.

my point is nomatter what you get you will always want more like big tongs and small tongs, and an extra spear to keep in the truck for when you get a monster, every imaginable shape, size, and color decoys. ect.

i just have to stop myself sometimes.

Two good spearmakers reside in Melrose MN. Jeremy Kraemer and Micheal Fabeck. They start at $160.00 for a 7 tine and go up from there. I don't think you can find any that are finer and they are fashioned after the old time traditional spears of the old days like the "Dillo","Manning", and the "Hooney" all legends of the central Minnesota area.I'm sure their in the book.