• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just shipped my sisters bf's high end road bike to CA. Fedex Kinko's ships them for a high cost (over $100) Take the bike to a shop and have them take it apart and put it in a box. Fedex won't insure it unless their store packages it.

I'm kind of late answering this I know, but maybe it'll help someone else. I used to ship my bike out to Seattle 3 times a year. Eventually, I bought a hard side bike case from Performace Bike, but until then, this is what I did...

Go to a bike shop and ask for an empty bike box. Take your handle bars off from the stem and let them hang. Take the peddels off and the front tire. Wrap what you feel you'd like to wrap up in bubble wrap, and use other packing material to keep everything nice and tight. Don't let parts rub against parts, so cardboard or bubble wrap between everything is a must. You don't want anything moving around in there. I used to ship it FedEX ground for around $65, but that was about 8 yrs ago. The 2-3 times I used the box, there were no issues.

If you plan on doing this a lot, buy a bike box. They're worth every penny! Performance bike's brand box is a good value for what you get. It's one heck of a good investment!

Okay, I just checked out Performance bike's HSOforum, and I guess they don't sell their brand hard sided box anymore. That's too bad! It's really nice!