• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires

What is a good tire for my Silverado? It currently has Bridgesones. I was told to stay away from Michelin because they wear uneven. I want a tire that is going to last for a little while not just 40,000 miles either. I want something that is good on ice and snow, but also is a good riding tire. I only go off road a couple of times during the year, so I really do not need an off road tire. However, I do travel long distances to hunt and fish, so a quiet good riding tire is a must. Any help is appreciated.

I run Michelin LTX M/S on my F150. This is my second set on 2 different trucks. I have not experienced any uneven wear issues. I do rotate them every 10-12,000 miles. Super quiet tire on the road and great traction on the lakes and off road. I highly recommend them.

Actually I have 288,000 on the Suburban . The original tires were junk I won't mention the name but a Blimp will . Still have original Engine and trans . Have had some maintaince items : starter,fuel pump, 3 alternators,replaced intake gaskets 3 times and brakes. Great truck........

Those michelins are really good tires. Those M/S are wonderfull highway tires and do pretty decent in the snow too. I am running some more agressive tires on my truck now because it is only getting used for fishing and hunting, but when I was doing lots of road trips those michelins were really nice. They seemed to last forever too.

I've had really good luck with Toyo Open Country A/T. 60,000 miles plus on two different pickups, sold them and there was still a good amount of tread left. Priced reasonably also.

Take advantage of a place with free rotate and balance. I do every 6,000 miles. Makes a HUGE difference!

Duckman- just put on michelin AT/2's on my wifes sequoia. They look sharp and have lots of traction. I had dueler revo's on it before, and man they were loud, these new tires are amazingly quite. The only problem I have had with them (michelin) in the past is lack of traction. These look to fit the bill. They are a newer tire, but have been getting rave reviews.

As for a place to get them, Costco has them, but I found the best deal at Slims motor clinic on 7th and Bunker right here in Andover. Might just be on your way home. Go in and talk to Levi- he took good care of us.

I sure love my BFG All-Terrains!

Put 100,000 miles on my last set on a GMC Sierra.

I also run these on my 3/4 ton Yukon XL. If I get 1/2 what you got I will be very happy. 23K now and still look good. I only use the truck for hunting, fishing and bad weather so I wanted a very aggressive tire over a long lasting tire and these fit the bill. The problem with most long lasting (harder rubber) tires is they are terrible on snow, ice and mud but they do last longer and get better milage. I big plus for highway use.

I had a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT/S on my previous truck that went 102,000 with 3 or 4 rotations. They were worn perfectly, and could have easily got another 10k out of them. My new truck came with BFG Rugged Trails, and they are by far, the worst tire I have ever driven on. After 5,000 miles, I replaced them with a set of the Wranglers, and couldn't be happier. Great traction, quiet, great ride, and long life. Don't just take my word for it, check out the reviews at the tire sites. Lots of guys getting 100-125k out of them.

I bought a Sport Trac with the Firestone Destinations on it and and figured by looking at them that they were some 'girly' SUV tire and firgured that I would be replacing them soon.Boy was I wrong!They took me through everything from deep snow to soft sand with no problems,were quiet on the road and wore very well.I just upgraded to the Destination AT,and in my 25 years of tire buying I have never!!! been happier,I can get by without four wheel drive more than I can ever remember,and if the wear holds up[they are aggresive@] I think I found my new fav. tire.I am glad I found this tire and maybe will never change...seriously good tire.