• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have a buddy that has one and loves it. I also know someone looking to sell one. Not to sure on the specifics but I know it has nice looking wood and engraving and comes with 2 sets of barrels 20 ga and 12 ga I know he likes the gun but got a browning o/u that he could not pass up. Let me know and I can get you ahold of the guy.

I had looked at the Silver Reserve at Gander Mountain a few months ago and liked the looks. I googled the gun and found some reviews not to my liking. Many of the reports were consistent in saying that the inside of the chamber tends to start rusting very soon, even with cleaning. There were also people who like the gun. I decided to go with a used Browning Citori to be safe.

I am a big fan. I picked one up as an entry level O/U and cant say anything bad about it. At $550.00 I can beat the tar out of it and it wont bother me too much. In fact the first thing I did when I got it home was scratch it with a key just to get it out of the way. I hunt thick cover for grouse and it was going to happen some day.

With a high end gun like a browning or some of the Italian o/u'ers I think I would spend more time on the trail to keep from scratching it.

But they are what they are. A good, well made, entry level gun. I dont regret getting mine, and have had a good expetience so far. I would like to find some after market choke tubes, but that is my only gripe.

My only recommendation would be to shoulder it, let it down shoulder it and if it fits ya and you like it go for it. I had a benelli pump, but bought it on name alone, when I realized I couldn't shoulder it, without it getting caught up under my armpit or caught in my jackets, I gave it to a friend with longer arms. My remingtons have a shorter stock than the benelli and fit me better, especially once you add a few layers of clothing.

i love mine and i to read reviews on the gun but once i went to scheels and they had a brand new one and a "used"one that someone had won and traded it in so it was 200 off the regular price so i got it the only thing i would tell you is if you buy it shoot it with all chokes as mine varies greatly between shooting lead and steel but once i figured it out it was deadly on pheasants