• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

multi season flasher, m68c??

Tyler23

i was just recently told that i can accually get a multi season flasher from lowrance the m68c or x68. my question is, is the flasher any different from a vexilar? like slower or something?.. and does this unit have a port for a lake mapping chip? any comments about this unit if you have used it would be great!!

m68 does not take a map chip, but you can get an ice ducer or ice accessory pack to use the m68 on the ice. If you want a unit with a map card slot you need to go to the 522c.

then why does it say it has gps mapping capibilites? any other sonars that will accept a lake mapping card?

It does have the built in maps, which don't show any of the depth contours.

It will show you where you are, allow you to set waypoints and all of the other things you can do with a GPS. You just can't load a lakemaster chip.

You can get both the skimmer (summer) transducer, and then ice-ducer. Most times when they are sold as a kit, both transducers are included.

I went the Lowrance route as I wanted to be able to use my flasher in the summer as well, and nothing is better in the summer (or arguably in the winter) than an ice machine.

Perosnally though, I would go for the x67, and put the money saved into a handheld like an H20, as those do accept the chips and you can use it in the woods, in the car, etc.

good luck trying to find a ice machine (its cheaper getting the ice machine and buying the skimmer ducer) at sportman wearhouse in st.cloud they have one x68 ice machine left about a week ago. but I checked everywhere in st.cloud and could not find one. try talking at the pro fishing supply sounds like they are getting a shipment of them in on the 9th last time I talked with him. I found a x67 ice machine but at cabelas because my friend works there and was able to order the ice ducer in. so you could try that. but I tryed almost everywhere and it was really hard to find one this time of year. and how it econmy is lots of places are not stocking a lot of the same things because they don't want to be stuck with that idem for a long time.

If your going to buy a H2O and chip, the locator is mute. Although I do have a H2O, I also got the 522 for summer and ice fishing. I turn the 522 on just before entrying the lake. Use the map feature for driving to my spot. Once there I can switch to flasher mode. Check for fish below ice, then start drilling holes. The best feature is You have a much larger screen. Well worth the money.

I should add that I was in the same boat as you, and splurged for the 334 (older version of the 522). So I can use the chip on the unit now, works great, but the seperate GPS would be nice sometimes too. But I love the bigger screen.

The flasher mode works just like you would expect a flasher to work. If you are interested in this I suggest you download the emulator from Lowrance. You can use all the different modes with their demo. Although the flasher demo may look weird if you are used to the flasher on the ice and the simulated chart is moving over some humps and the like.

I've been using the x67 the last few years now and I personally don't like the flasher on the x67 compared to other flashers on the market. For me it seems to pick up to much and the screen gets to cluttered for usefullness. As for the graph mode, I don't think I'd could go back to any kind of flasher I like the graph too much. My next purchase will most likely be a 522.

For summertime I leave the unit in the ice-pack and hook up the skimmer ducer that way I can have the x67 anywhere in te boat (just have to be carefull of the cord). My .02

I have the x67c and use it winter and summer.I too chose to not get the 68 and went for the hand held gps.Saved $100 this way towards a portable gps.Bought mounting bracket and transducer for the boat.I personally like the flasher.I even use it in the summer.If it is any slower,I sure cant tell.Neither could all the fish I have caught!

I use an x67c on the ice also, mine works excellent in flasher mode and thats the only way I use mine on the ice. These plain and simple do things no other flasher can. Can be fickle with other sonars around, no prob as I'm usually in Otter hut all by my lonesome! This sonar just plain does and shows me more than any other unit I've ever used on ice....So far anyhow!!

I have an M68c and wish I would have gone with the X67c... The GPS is nice, but not nearly as nice as my semi-new H2O c/LM Chip....

Hind-sight is 20/20.

That being said, I have only used the "flasher" function once. I much prefer the graph for a number of reasons. The first being a scrolling history that makes interpreting what is happening down below a heck of a lot easier.