• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i want a 4 stroke sled

coombia21

This is a great topic for conversation. I am also currently in the market for a four stroke sled. Through a lot of research about all the brands out there, I have settled on one of the Arctic Cat T660 two-up models. These machines appear to be quite reliable and very good on gas. I also like all of the bells and whistles that are available on them. Most of my riding in the past has been more on the performance side of things as my last sled was an RMK 700. Now I am ready for a machine that is more quiet, reliable, good on gas, and is comfy for a passenger.

Wondering though if anyone has been able to compare a turbo model T660 to a non turbo version? Most of my riding will be done on trails but I will want to be able to break trail on occasion to get to some fishing spots. Curious how these non turbo T660 sleds would handle these conditions??

Keep all the good input coming.

Tullibee, If you are coming from a 700 RMK you will be looking at a significant power loss with the non-turbo......130hp down to the low 50hp range. You should still be able to get to most places but I think you might be more satisfied all around with the turbo. I do know a guide put quite a few miles on a non turbo 660 and he absolutely loves it. The mileage on it is incredible - low 20's all the time.

SledNeck,

I agree and I have been looking at all the brands that make 4-strokers and I feel like with the T660 I get the most bang for my buck. I want a sled in a touring model that is comfy for a passenger and if it were not for this reason I would get a Yamaha or a Ski-doo for sure (probably the 600 Etec actually). I would be interested in a touring model by other manufacturers sleds also if they were priced lower and more readily available right now. I shouldn't say right now because I am in no hurry to buy so maybe I will find a great deal on a different sled.

I read a comparison of 4-strokes and although it was smaller than everything else in the comparison, the Poalris 750 Turbo faired well, but I haven't seen any mention of it here. I've been out of snowmobiles for quite a few years and only recently became interested again.

I do know the Polaris was towards the top in price, but hp number were respectable even though it's only a 750.