• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tight lining?

Huey

I believe it's a rig similar to a drop-shot rig, but can't find out exactly how it's different. Might be a short leader coming off main line, rather that tied directly to line (drop-shot). Not for sure, but that's what I found. Kind of curious now too. Anyone else have the real answer??

Huey, instead of using a bobber, spring bobber, or feel for minute bite detection, you use sight. How that line reacts on the drop when its intentionally slacked, how you do that could vary but basically your jig will drop at the same rate every time and your line will act the same each time, of coarse how you slack the line will need to be the same over and over. If you tune yourself to that, then when you see a change in the slack or drop its a bite or more so an inhale.

That term was given by guys that fish gills.

If you use jigging spoons for eyes then you probably can relate as to watching your rod tip and line while jigging. Of coarse we're using feel but how many times have you noticed something didn't look right on the drop? That would be an inhale and what your trying to see with tight lining.

Whats tight lining you ask? Another term to attach a name to a product to sell you. How many differant names do we have now for a 30 inch stick with a reel on it.

Funny thing is you get the privlage to spend up to $50 or more to use these sticks..

Whats tight lining you ask? Another term to attach a name to a product to sell you. How many differant names do we have now for a 30 inch stick with a reel on it.

Funny thing is you get the privlage to spend up to $50 or more to use these sticks..

I have all kinds of specialized tools in my toolbox, why not have them for fishing too?? Golfers use multiple clubs for different reasons, why not fishing too? One size does NOT fit all.

You could not be more wrong. Watch Dave young for an afternoon, he's the best tightliner on the ice. Or watch any other Michigan tightliner for that matter. Tightlining is a deadly tactic for panfish that involves highly specialized equipment and TONS of skill. Maybe someone who's fished with Dave can back me up on this......

-Munchy

Line goes tight, feel a bump on the line what else do you need to know besides set the hook or not.

If special equipment helps you that's cool. Hey Ive got a flasher and other amenities that help. I just don't buy into an expensive stick is going to help you catch more fish. If there biting they are biting if not their not.

Sure techniques go a long way in catching fish but I didn't know there had to be a name attached to a technique and a stick to go with it. Highly specialized thats funny laugh

If special equipment helps you that's cool. Hey Ive got a flasher and other amenities that help. I just don't buy into an expensive stick is going to help you catch more fish. If there biting they are biting if not their not.

Did you ever think some people might take ice fishing a little more serious than you?

Ever think that I take my ice fishing verry seriously. So your saying you have to have that $100 fishing stick to be serious about ice fishing I think not. Like I said if it helps you go for it, at least money is going back into the economy. Lord knows I put a large chunk of change into the economy as far as ice fishing.

I have kinda gone nuts the last few years with fishing gear, protable house, GPS, camera, vex, nice rods, stuff like that and I still get outfished by my uncle who uses old school jig sticks, land marks and a home made portable. The gizmo's definately help but nothing can replace years of experience.

That wont break my bank but I would have to have name tags on all my rods telling me what they are for. grin Heck for my walleye rod I have a blue line, power pro I think, on it to distinguish from the others.

Just funnin, Heck maybe the s diffrances would help catch those fish I have not caught and with my track record this year thats a lot.

Thanks for the Info Perch Powder but I can see myself stumbling for my reading glasses while holding 6 rods in my hand and turning the cyclops light on to see and untangle the mess I created trying to read that small lettering on witch rod to use. laugh

That's just an image I got of myself on how easily I can make things complicated for myself. Only to make lite of myself

I'm sure these rods do what they are intended to do and I'm glad there out there to improve the experience for us anglers.

Wow 6 separate rods, one for each style of fishing kinda cool.