• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone fish this lake in the summer? My Grandparents use to own a farm on the lake when I was knee high to a grasshopper on this lake. We use to catch some very nice Lg mouth bass and sunfish there. They also had a campground and rented out boats.

Is this lake still good for any specie? There use to be no homes around the lake and I kmow the on the west side it is almost full today.

Twin Lake just east of Eureka? There is another lake right next to it (hence the "twin"?) maybe that's the one you're thinking about?

Check this map out. It seems trout is the only species in there.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/water/fhp/lakes/lakemap/2457400a.htm

The Lake I,m talking about is approx 3 miles north of the town of Cushing and then to the right off the tar approx 1 mile. The lake is to the north of the road. Or west of Luck about 10 miles.

There may be another DNR name for the lake like Herby or something like that but since the early 60's we called it Twin lakes along with all the neighbors there. I could be wrong on the name. My Grandfather had a farm on the lake all of his life. They also had a campground and rented out the only boats on the lake as it was all private land around it. I would guess around the late 60's they did put a public landing in on the east half of the lake in the NW corner.

The Lake I,m talking about is approx 3 miles north of the town of Cushing and then to the right off the tar approx 1 mile. The lake is to the north of the road. Or west of Luck about 10 miles.

There may be another DNR name for the lake like Herby or something like that but since the early 60's we called it Twin lakes along with all the neighbors there. I could be wrong on the name. My Grandfather had a farm on the lake all of his life. They also had a campground and rented out the only boats on the lake as it was all private land around it. I would guess around the late 60's they did put a public landing in on the east half of the lake in the NW corner.

On a map it's called Herby, because East and West Twin are south of Cushing. That's a little more helpful. I've never fished it but from a little fact finding it sounds like the lake had a partial winterkill sometime in the mid 90's. Afterward there was a single stocking of northern and bass. It sounds like the bass fishery has come back, not a whole lot of mention of other species.

edit: The shoreline also looks to be about 50% developed at this time.

When my Grandfather owned the farm on the lake there it was all farm land and no cabins or houses. When we sold the farm years ago they started to put up the cabins and houses. I believe it all started around the middle 80's if I remember correctly.