• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Updated Okoboji/Spirit Report?

Alright guys, I'm coming home from school for the weekend and the ole man and I are planning on hitting the ice on Saturday. I know via all the posts/word of mouth spirit has been good. Any locations in particular without giving away your honey hole? Also, any good word on boji? Thanks in advance!!

We had the best luck fishing perch out in the main basin of Spirit last weekend tried in front of Templar Sunday for a couple hours and did ok but nowhere near the number of fish. There have been a few good reports coming out of Angler's as of late but the water is stained and the fish are biting so lightly they barely move a spring so a camera is almost needed to detect the light biting gills.

West has been a little touchy as of late. There are still some fish holding in Little Miller's but they are very smart and hard to catch. The walleye and perch bite has been fair at best on Miller's aswell. There are still a number of people fishing in front of the boat ramp and out on the reef on Emerson's, but I haven't heard any reports from there lately. There have also been a number of people fishing Smith's but I haven't heard and reports from there either.

My best advice for fishing West right now is to think outside the box and hit spots that don't traditionally see heavy pressure and try baits that might be a little bit nontraditional for the area.

Thinking I know who this is, but could be wrong.

Told your "ole man" yesterday that for a drink I'd take you guys to the waypoint where we caught so many at last weekend grin No, there's a bunch of perch everywhere out there, but the trick is finding a spot that has some of the true jumbos. Quality of fish out in the basin definitely seemed better than other places, and the number of fish that were out there was entertaining. Hope to see you this weekend.

A guy I know fished around Templar last Saturday and had about 15 nice sized fish to clean at the end of the day. I think you're going to catch a bunch of small ones no matter where you are on the lake, but in certain places there are more nice fish than others...at least it seems that way. From what I've experienced and heard, there might be a few more nice fish out in the basin. We had several between 11 and 13 last weekend and weren't within 200 yards of another shack for most of the day. Good luck out there...

If things go according to the current plan, we'll be out most of the day on Saturday. I'd love to be on the lake when the sun is coming up, but we'll see how soon I can get my son up and moving. I'm sure we'll move around some, but plan to spend much of the day out in the main lake basin. Gray F150 with a blue Fish Trap for a portable. Stop and say hi if you're in the area.

our gills are conditioned, they don't even slow down to look. PP is the gill master and even he's struggeling to get the big boys to eat. Gin clear water and pressured, they have seen every offering there is by now and factor in the time of year makes for tough catching gills. Things may pick up with this warm spell I hope if not I'll get trying.

Cleaned 16 today...mostly from the north end. A couple of small ones that swallowed a minnow head were between 8.5 and 9, and most of the rest in the 9.5 to 10 range. Had 7 that were between 10 and 12. Quality seemed better up north, but not the number of fish we were seeing out in the basin. With rain and thunderstorms in the forecast, I won't be surprised if this was our last day of driving around so freely out there. Good luck to all...