• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to buy a trailer...

DuckBlind

Building my first shack this summer, starting ASAP once it is warm enough to spend time in the garage. I was thinking about putting it on skids but figured it might be more of a hassle than anything.

Live in Maple Grove...looking for a place that makes trailers. $$$ is a problem so it can't be too expensive.

Anybody here know where to look other than [YouNeedAuthorization]? Is there any place within an hours drive or someone local that can put one together or has one for sale?

Thinking about a 6 1/2 x 12 or 6 x 12...any advice on size too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.

i know fish house supply makes them and sells them, they are in Buffalo, mn. which isnt too far out of the cities. And as far as money, a trailer is not somewhere to go cheap on, crappy trailer = tons more problems then ull want to deal with. skids are cheap but then again u have to have some other form of trailer to bring it to the lake.

also note that there are ppl who sell on the buy/sell/trade part of the forums, u could look there

size to each is their own, depends on how grand u want it to be, decide on what u want in it first and then pick the size that will allow u to get all that in there. There is also some new regulations on Ice houses to so check into those. I heard (correct me if im wrong) but something like over 3000 lbs u need to have trailer breaks on it and if it has a bathroom in it u need to register it as an RV or something like that

Have fun registering it. I don't think that any of the DMV offices know exactly what to license them as. You will get different answers at different locations. There was a thread on that subject before, and people are getting frustrated with the DMV(from what I have read). I haven't even finished mine, and went to different DMV offices to check out what it is going to cost me to license it, and with the same info given to each office, I got different answers.

As for the house, you definitely want to get a good quality frame. IMO, I would not get anything with an angle iron frame. Go with all tubing. As stated in a prior post about the brakes, yes, you will need brakes if it is 3,000 lbs. and over. You can get a lot of useful info from the DOT HSOforum about the brakes, lighting, etc. for the house.

You might want to check with the Fish House Store on 169 by Milaca, north of unclaimed freight. I am not sure if they sell just the frame. I have seen those, and they have very beefy pivot assemblies.

Have fun, and build it big enough. You can never have enough room.

Post some pics of your progress. Good luck!