• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reel Weeds? Underwater Camera... pics

Laska

Ok so as some of you know I got my Cabela's Advanced underwater camera last sat, by the way its AWSOME!!! Anyways I was wondering if any of you guys have tried the structure on a string and if it really attracts fish, Im going to give it a try on my camera and another in a hole right by my spear hole, my goal is to attract some panfish to get the nords in the area, anyone got some tips and tricks or suggestions on the possibility of this working.

Whats your opinions?

Camera, Reel Weeds...

100_1032.jpg

Reel weeds...

100_1029.jpg

Camera - Good.

Reel weeds - bad. At least they didn't do much for me. Just IMHO. Hopefully they'll work better for you. It's always good to try new stuff. Might work better on your lakes.

laska thats the same cam I have they work great as for the reelweeds Iuse them but not enough the first time i had pike move into them waiting to ambush pannies as they swam by, I didnt have the weeds down the hole 5 mins and the pike were already in them. but this has been the case all the time. no real tips you just have to experiment and its really trail and error. hope they work for you.

See, where I spear (lake winona), I dont have any structure on the only point on the lake, its all weeds that are a foot tall and scattered badly n sandy bottom, Im hoping puting my cam down my spear hole with the weeds on will help bring them in and Ill put one right on the outside of my perm darkhouse, hopefully if the nords come in, they come in between the weeds and thats where my decoys will be, hopefully my plan will work and Ill try to take pictures to show you guys!

elwood maybe if ya come down you can see it in person! Maybe have some simple pointers you could show me.

I have never been a fan of the reel weeds for Spearing. I think they would work, but i try and set up on the outside of the weedline, so there no good for me.

Camera is awesome to be able to check out the bottom before you waste the time to cut the whole!

I think my spot is [PoorWordUsage], lol its official, went out again today and didnt see a single fish. Had 5 strings of weeds going and 3 decoys between 2 holes and nothing! O well, hope I see something at the get together, havent had any luck this week...