• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can anyone PLEASE let me know which lakes in the Burrnett Co. area are the best for Muskie fishing? I've got the map book for Northwest Wisconsin, but you know how old some of these reports are. I know the area so any info would be great.

Thanks

Scott

------------------
ARMAN-21

[This message has been edited by ARMAN-21 (edited 07-27-2004).]

Cooter-

Shell lake was fun, my buddy had one follow by the reed island, but that was it for muskies. We caught a ton of bass and northern. I was only on the lake for one day, so the odds were aginst me. Thanks for the info though. Good luck the rest of the year!

Scott

Dan in Webster-

Thanks for the info, I'll be on the Yellow lakes and I will try and get to Big McKenzie. I'll let you know how we do. I'll be up there Aug. 5th to the 8th.

thanks

Scott

About three weeks ago I drove-by Big Mac on a Satur. and noticed a ton of boat traffic. Ended-up on Mid-Mac - no follows, but a nice clear lake with an access a little better than Lake 26...as you all know, Lake 26 is the all time shallowest access - but OK for small boats........

I didn't fish Lake 26 for the obvious reason - the access doesn't fit my boat - but it is a pretty lake and I have heard of decent fish in there...A couple of weeks ago I heard about Des Moines...Musky Bucks bait on Hwy #35 said musky fishing, generally, has been slow...and, Yellow is very green...look to bright colors if you are going to fish Yellow....

I'm back in town! Fishing was slow, we caught one. On Little Yellow my buddy lost about a 35 inch-er and we raised another. Des Moine was clear and deep, we caught a ton of small northern a few bass and we caught a 29 walleye trolling a 6 inch Ernie. Lake 26 was also very clear and we rasied a few and caught a 26 inch-er.. not big, but still a muskie. Thanks again to everyone that replied back to me on all the info on the lakes in the area.

Scott

------------------
ARMAN-21

Can anyone confirm the reports I’ve heard of Native American spearing taking place on Big McKenzie last winter? I heard that they took a lot of fish and at least one big one (56 inches).

Was on Big McKenzie this weekend, spent one casting for muskie and one day for bass. Muskie wasn't very productive, though I didn't feel like boat traffic was that bad...even for a weekend. No follows, nothing on a dangling sucker minnow. Bass on the other hand was great! Lots of activity... worms, crankbaits and top water were all productive, nothing huge, but plenty of action. Stayed at the "Lodge" on the "West Point" and that was another story entirely, if I go back, will definitely find a different place to camp. It was like the web page and the campground itself were in two different worlds.