• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

USMC Steve's new fishing partner

Tim,

Thank you for posting these pic's of Max. I don't know who had more fun, Max or I. The first fish up was a small perch and I wanted to see how he would react so I set it on the ice in front of him and he snagged it up and that was that. Had to make him drop it to put it back in the water. I caught a mid size blue gill and put that in front of him, well just as he smelled it the fish flopped a bit. I thought Max was going to jump out of his skin!!! LOL He then barked and carried on for a bit and then decided it was warmer in the Trap. I might have to get a guide or Yukon after next summer. If all goes well with Max training wise I will be looking at getting another one! Maybe?

Thanks guy's for the kind words about Max. Hope you all get to meet him soon.

Tight Line's All.

Steve and Max

Al,

Max does have a perch in his mouth. He pranced around like he was something special. I couldn't believe how quick he picked it up. I had to fight to get the camera out.

I promised myself that after I "retired" and was no longer flying all over God Earth that I was going to get a puppy. I've waited 25 years and a good friend of mine name Paula had a Outstanding litter of pup's with great lines and certifications. She offered one to me at a great price, well actually I was getting 2 boy's but someone else wanted Max's brother so I agreed. I think my GF knew that I was going to get Max either in her house or mine. I was not going to pass up on him no matter what, and I hope he turns out to be a great friend and companion.

Steve

Oh yeah, I also bought a kennel for him at work. Man I hope the Colonel has a sense of humor?!!