• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reflectix = Awesome!!!

Jari Razskazoff

So I picked up a roll of reflectix at a local supercenter lined the back and roof of my fishtrap with it, and BOY-oh-BOY does this stuff really work to keep the heat in. I would suggest everyone with a portable to do this, and would love to see some pics of people who have insulated their portables.

I also made cut-outs and lined my boots with reflectix and my feet were warm the whole weekend, even overnight with no flooring in my shack...

I will say that reflectix was given to us by the gods.

Thank you reflectix, thank you!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I put one reflectix cut underneath my boot liner, one inside my liner, and cut a portion and put it on the outside of my liner above my toes, and top of the foot. My feet were super warm!

Reflectix can be baught at "Save big money at...." for about 18 bucks... that would give you enough to do the back and roof of your portable, plus some shoe liners, plus a few feet of it left over for other projects.... Great insulation, and it folds right up in to your shack without having to remove it when tearing down for the day, or moving locations... best investment since my heater, and lantern.

I also made cut-outs and lined my boots with reflectix

That is a great idea. Another trick for late season bowhunting.

I still have a bunch laying around from when I did my shack. It is one of the best things I have done to my shack and it definately makes a huge difference.

I have been contemplating this for sometime and think it is time to pull the trigger and rig up my pro and X2 with reflectix......i suppose this stuff will also help with lighting up the house at night when I use my lantern?

I was thinking, with a little gorilla glue, or some good ol'fashioned stiching, it wouldnt be hard, or space-taking to line the whole shack with it... it would probably take the 40 dollar roll to do it, but to have the whole inside of my shack, minus the windows, silver, and metallic looking... well, that would be just plain awesome.

It does reflect light... not like a mirror would, but it can be a little brighter.

I was thinking, with a little gorilla glue, or some good ol'fashioned stiching, it wouldnt be hard, or space-taking to line the whole shack with it... it would probably take the 40 dollar roll to do it, but to have the whole inside of my shack, minus the windows, silver, and metallic looking... well, that would be just plain awesome.

It would be great to have a whole house lined with the Reflectix, but I would think it would make it a little tougher to fold up.

Have used this stuff for many different uses. Works great for putting on your boat seat on them chilly spring and fall trips on the water. As a pad in your trunk for when you have to change a tire or do a oil change. On the bleachers for football games and deck chairs in the fall. Anytime you want to put something between you and a cold surface, wipes clean and cheap to replace.

I used aluminum foil tape in my Yukon. I taped the 48" reflectix to the back of the sled, ran it up and over the frame poles, cut slots for the velcro straps (reinforced the openings with tape) on each pole, and wrapped it around and taped it to the pole over the door opening. Otherwise it is just loose at the edges. It folds right down with the poles. I did not cut out an opening for the rear window.

I just purchased some of the 48" tonight, and will be installing tomorrow just the way you described above. I will be cutting out for the window though. I will also be installing my Best H K 96cm light in the center support pole. Can't wait to get it out on the lake to see how much heat it retains, and if it reflects the light.

I'll try and get some pics up for you guys to see how I set up my Otter lodge. I used double stick velco and attached it to the sled then went over the support poles all the way to the front cutting holes for the canvas straps and using them to hold the insulation. The velco holds it down really good without making any mods to the sled or attaching it to the canvas.

I'm going to wrap it around the hole sleeves in my permanent. My house is blocked up quite high and my holes freeze at night. It doesn't seem to matter how much I bank it. I have a 110 ceiling fan on all night- NOTHING seems to help. I think this just might be the answer to my problems.

I could not answer that question. I have not had my portable out since I installed the reflectix. I would think that it would have less moisture on the ceiling because of the insulation factor. Hope someone chimes in that has had there portable out in the cold to let us know what happens with the moisture.