• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have a Browning 12ga. 2 3/4in. auto 5. In the browning web sight near as I can figure it was manufactured 1940-1946 The # on the action is B8630 and on the barrel it says Browning arms company st louis Mo. Can anyone tell me about what it's worth?

thanks, Dean

just wondering because where i look up gun values, they ask for all the info possible. so i was wondering is there engraving and or any checkering. also vent rib or not and gun condition. hopefully i can come up with a close value then thanks

heres the gun i could come up with any sound right

A-500G gas-operated

A-500G sporting clay

A-500R semiautomatic

Automatic-5 buck special models

Automatic-5 classic

Automatic-5 gold classic

Automatic-5 light

Automatic-5 magnum 12

Automatic-5 skeet model

Automatic-5 stalker

Automatic-5 standard (grade I)

Automatic-5 trap model

If the gun is old, oui can probably take out the later versions, I.E, the A-500 series. Still a lot to choose from. The fact that it was made in the U.S. might help determine what kind it was, many of the old A-5's I run across were made in Belgium.

You are right on the age, is the safety on the front of the trigger guard, what is the barrel length,choke, does it have a rib on the barrel, if so solid or vented? The guns of that era go for $300-$400, unless they are in like new condition making them somewhat collectible and then the price could go to $750-$1000. Look on gunbroker, ([YouNeedAuthorization] for guns) and check prices, the ones that have bids on them, not the overpriced ones that are always there. I own nine A5s, and still hunt them exclusively, some older Belgium made, some Japanese late 90's versions. They are great shooters, come up nice, and will operate when full of weeds, dust and dirt. Before you dump it, consider taking it out and shooting it, they are fine guns, being made for 98 years they had to be doing something right.