• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burnett County - Webb Lake Area

Heading up to the Webb Lake area for the big St. Patrick's Day Parade celebration. We'll be watching the parade and having a bbq right along the road Saturday. It's a great time for the whole family in case anyone is looking for something to do.

Between drinking green beers I would like to wet a line. Family cabin resides on Fish Lake located on Co. Rd H south from the Main Store.

Anybody been fishing any lakes in the area? Just curious to know what depths anyone has been finding fish at this time of year.

Beer batter,

I'll be heading up for the prade in a few hours as well. We have a place on Webb. I don't know of any hot spots off hand but this time of year I'd start looking for any remaining weeds and fish the deeper side of them or look to where the bottom of the lake turns soft and muddy. Use a FL-8 or simmilar unit and look for suspended fish. They are probley snacking on bugs.

Slugo,

Thanks for the reply. It never ceases to amaze me how many people show up for this parade in what would have to be assumed an off-peak time for the cabin goers. We'll be set up somewhere just down the road from the Caberet to get out of the crowds.

Look for a aqua-marine F-150 supercrew with a bunch of dressed up hooligans drinking beer and having a bbq. Hope is doesn't rain on our parade.

heheh yea... it's gotten kinda big...It was just a few pontoon boats with decorations and the old fire truck. now..... wow!

I'll be on the look out for ya.

Beer Batter - did you find a lake to fish? Where are you at on Fish? I'm on the North shore in the big bay. I had a shack out there this year but it was pretty slow. The bass were hitting anything most of the year but the crappies were not as easy to catch!

LuckBites,

I did find the crappies on Fish Lake. Our cabin is located right off Co. Rd H kind of mid lake on the east side. We went out over a 30 foot hole which is about the deepest part over the main basin of the lake. Found crappies suspended around the 20 foot mark. Many small ones but plenty of the 10" variety to make a nice meal too. Struggled to get a second line down due to the quick bites with the first line.

I typically only make it up there once a year for the St. Patrick's Day parade festivities. My brother is big into snow mobiling so they've spent a lot of time up there this past winter. He hadn't caught much through the winter and said this was the first meal of fish he's had since open water.

I sam you 2 out there fighting the wind and figured you must have got in to some with the amount of time you spent on the ice. Sounds like your brother in law is near the opening/snowmobile trail. If you want to give him some advice, tell him to try right out from the opening where it drops off/weedline and he should have a blast. That parade is something else! I don't know of another parade where the floats hand out beers (can & glasses from kegs) & shots. Now that a celebration! I can see why you make the annual trek!!

Webb Lake Fellas, How thick is the ice on the area lakes. We were thinking of one more ice fishing trip up there this Friday. Will we be able to get on the lakes with this warm weather? Thanks, Joe

If you would rather email me any tips or compare lake suggestions: [email protected]

I fished Clam Lake and Devil's Lake last weekend and the ice is 24" or more on these two lakes. I walked out on Saturday AM but after I saw a few large trucks out, I drove out the rest of the weekend. Fishing was slow for me and the other people I talked to.

I found alot of mush ontop of the ice. So ya might have trouble getting around with a truck, more that a thickness issue. It might be melted away with this warmer weather now tho.

Look out for those jello shots!!!

[This message has been edited by Slugo (edited 03-25-2004).]