• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Lake,somerset

ANY BODY HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT BASS LAKE CRAPPIE/SUNFISH ACTION. BEEN OUT THERE TWO TIME, COULD SEE UM DOWN THERE BUT COULDN'T GET A BITE.

------------------
Looking For the Big Bulls.

THE CRAPPIES ARE OKEY SOME DECENT ONES. THE GILLS ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE ARE QUITE A FEW NICE ONES IN THE LAKE. I ALWAYS USE A SMALL GLOW IN THE DARK WITH WAXIE AND HAVE NOT TO MANY PROBLEMS WITH HOOKING INTO SOME NICE SIZED GILLS.

Redman, try downsizeing your baits and line. Go with with 4lb max on your poles. I have some local lakes that get pounded heavy, the ONLY way to catch the panfish is with a finnese approach. This may not sound so important, believe me it is. Good luck fishing!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Redman, I don't fish it, a little out of my area being from Wausau. I was useing a generalization which works on most all finicky panfish. Hopefully pbowhunter or others might be able to help you with some locations and such. If you can see them down there, you know you're on em.....Now getting them to bite is the problem. smile.gif Tiny jigs, larvae bait, and 2-4# line.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-15-2004).]

FOR THE GILLS I GO TO THE SOUTH OF THE SHACKES. a hundred yards or so. Then for the crappies i go to the south side of the lake where there is a 35 foot hole on the south west side of the lake. 200 yards from the farthest south part.