• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Photo Gallery

Scott M

Just got off the lake after THE MOST AMAZING day of sunfishing I have ever had. The no lie truth is, in my lifetime of fishing I have caught 5 sunfish at a pound, biggest being 1lb 1 oz.

Today the number grew to 40.  No lie!

Here is one weighing 1lb 3oz 10.5.  With many more just like it that didnt get photo'd because of being in a canoe and partner also catch them hand over fist.

and one more

20150528_174339.thumb.jpg.9653e68aa4e1f5sorry not sure how to rotate the first pic.

gill.jpg

​You have a couple of great photos to remember that once in a lifetime day. Congrats!

Got out this weekend on one of the smaller bodies of water we have descent ice on. What was first a walleye hunt quickly turned into a panfish catching extravaganza! These gills would circle around us and come in BIG waves on the vex.  Walleyes weren't very active that day. Here's a few nice gills and a descent eye we managed to ice, with plenty of others caught throughout the time we spent out there.

VZM.IMG_20151213_162539.jpg

VZM.IMG_20151213_162832.jpg

VZM.IMG_20151213_162734.jpg

IMG95201512129511385057795HDR.jpg

This guy snuck out after work yesterday on one of our favorite lakes in our area we typically fish.  Managed a good handful of craps on the finicky bite we have going around here lately. Ice isn't the greatest yet and is very spotty. Hoping the wind clears these lakes off for some decent ice to be made and the fish start to get more aggressive. Look for another post Sunday night if this happens! Safe fishing!

VZM.IMG_20151217_080301.jpg

Managed a few picture worthy slabs over the weekend. Fishing was tough with a temp of around zero and the fish being hard to find and stay on top of. Most fish found suspended 5-10' off bottom in about 30 fow and were caught on a variety of plastics with a few on wax worms. A lot of work but fun either way! I was rewarded with no doubt one of the biggest crappies I've ever iced, have a look!

VZM.IMG_20151219_134421.jpg

VZM.IMG_20151219_134307.jpg

VZM.IMG_20151219_125236.jpg

VZM.IMG_20151219_134213.jpg

IMG_20151219_101135215_HDR.jpg

Edited by 556LaGue