• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dresbach/LaCrosse

They are getting out on the ice at the south boat landing at Dresbach. I haven't been there myself yet but my brother works for the railroad and told me they've been fishing it for some time now. With this cold snap I would think the river is fishable in the dam area also. I might get out there this weekend and give it a try. Nothing like iceing some walleyes.

Fishing is Life.

I made it out to Dresbach for the late bite yesterday. There were quite afew people fishing the south boat landing area. A good 9"-10" of ice in the bay and the main channel was frozen over. I didn't fish up at the dam but there were people fishing that area also. Mostly along the current break and up by the upper bay. The ice was there but I found the bite very slow. Marked fish on the vex checking out my bait but no takers. I fished pool 8 at Stoddard in the morning thu the afternoon and pretty much the same thing. Marked alot of fish but very tight lipped. With 10 hrs on the ice and not one keeper to show for it tells me the bite was off yesterday.

Fishing is Life.

The south boat landing is just south of the I90 overpass. Take the exit at the lock and dam and go past the infomation center and under the bridge. The boat landing is located in the lower bay and there is no current in the bay until you get out past the rock point. Most of the people were fishing off the end ot that point but the shore line along the tracks can be just as good. Look for water between 12'-20'.I never fish it during the day anymore just no fish there at that time. Most of the time the bite will be at dusk for an hour or two after dark. The walleye's move in at that time. Hot bait has aways been jigging Rapala's,silver and black before dark and orange after. I have caught them on other colors to. If your unsure of the ice conditions make sure you carry a spud to check as you go. BE SAFE!! River ice can change quickly and can vary from 12" to 2" in one step. The ice is solid and clear so you can see the thickness. I hope this helps you out some. Good luck.

Fishing is Life.