• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hudson Area?

snagger,

I like Bass Lake east of Houlton and Sqauw Lake to the east and a little north of Somerset. Bass Lake has some decent crappies and some huge sunfish. But, it is a hot and cold bite that usually leans cold. Squaw has numbers of sunfish and crappie. The size is not what it used to be because it has been absolutely raped, but you can still find some keepers.

On either lake, be prepared to drill lots of holes until you find the better sized fish. One place can be as good as the next on Squaw. You'll want to find the weedline on Bass or a weed pocket. Don't fish the open areas, stay in the weeds. But, you want to be close to some type of edge. Bass is also teeming with 1.5lb pike. So, figure on losing some jigs.

If you're feeling adventurous, Cedar Lake to the north and east of Somerset has some nice crappies and sunfish. But again, this one can be an all day affair trying to find fish.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thanks Ray. I've heard about both of those lakes. I usually fish north, around the Dresser to Luck area, but I live in Hudson. So it would be nice to find some closer fishing. I have had very little luck icefishing on the Croix.

Snagger, like Ray said,Bass lake can be real good for some big bluegills and crappies.Fish the north end and talk to some of the old timers that are there every day.They like to talk and will give you some good tips.They did with me anyway.Don't give up on the St. Croix,though.It started off slow this year but can be real good.Let me know if you're going down there sometime.Good Luck Fishing!!!