• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

area fishing LaCrosse?

I am in the process of deciding where to move after my stint in Texas. I love to whitetail hunt, ice fish, and open water. I know how high the deer population is in Wisconsin, but am kind of unsure about the fishing opportunities. Anyone have any advice?

How did the deer season go this year?

Doop-The fishing around LaCrosse is excellent! We have the mighty Miss right here with many places to get on the water and fish. LaCrosse is also located close to many of the lock and dams. There are not a lot of lakes close. The bass, eyes, and cats as well as panfish are here in good numbers and size.

Doop, Living in the LaCrosse Area is great as long as your independantly weathly and don't need a decent job to get by. Lay offs here are happening all the time (Big Time). A lot of the jobs have moved to China. But even before that LaCrosse is the most underpayed place to work in WI. People with fifteen years in are lucky to get 12 dollars an hour. There are the Hospitals and the Universities and if you work in those fields you'll get by.

Musky,

I'm a teacher...by the time I move back north I'll have my masters and hopefully have an assitant principal job somewhere. I've been to LaCrosse once and was extremely impressed with the scenery. I love bowhunting and fishing. Not a big river fisherman but could learn. smile.gif

There are plenty of jobs here. Yeah, there are layoffs, but who doesn't have that? I do agree it can be tough. Construction is where the money is here now. There sure are a lot of "poor" people building new houses around here. Doop, learning to fish the river is done very easily. I came from CO and only fished reservoirs. Now, I love to fish the river. I am not yet a "river rat", but I do pretty good. This area has awesome scenery. That is one of the key points that keeps me from going back home to Colorado. Way to much to do and see in the LAX area.