• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadarago Reports -2009

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I go again. As luck would have it, Tues is the only day I can't make it. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I just got in and saw your post. Weds wearher sounds kinda iffy, Thurs and Fri look ok. I know your psyched about getting out tommorrow so if you don't/can't change plans no big deal, we will hook up. If you do go out tomorrow put a hurtin on them. Talk with you later.

At about 9 o'clock I walked accross the street to get a soda and I ran into a little leprechan, He told me word on the streets from Lake C was that some crazy Browns fan got his van stuck in a snow bank and 2 old retired guys had to push him out. whistle

He also told me one of the retired gentlemen had a dozen perch already...

At about 9 o'clock I walked accross the street to get a soda and I ran into a little leprechan, He told me word on the streets from Lake C was that some crazy Browns fan got his van stuck in a snow bank and 2 old retired guys had to push him out. whistle

He also told me one of the retired gentlemen had a dozen perch already...

You got me again! Or should I say I did it again... grin First I want to thank King Salmon for the excellent access, Joe that was great!

Now to my adventure. All fishing trips start with a good breakfast so I stopped at the Richfield Springs Diner and they are under new management, they closed yesterday and to my pleasant surprise I walk-in and there's the lovely Cassidy ;)and she took my order Western omlet with Taders and toast. Had a nice talk with Cassidy,sweet girl..

Left the diner and went down to Joe's Parking area and promptly drove pass where we should of parked and buried the van's front end while attempting aturn. Thankfully Tank and Billy were right there with me and gave "Murphy's Law" shocked a shove out. I knew carrying that blue shovel in my car would come in handy... cool

After that we fished with Craig, Z, Wheeler and Joe and caught a few fish today. Didn't hammer em like Tank and Craig did but 20 is not a bad day on that lake. Experimented with a custom Dark Cloud mock up of what we call it, "The Six-eyed Sloth" more on that later... Fish came e early on knackers as usual and Jay's custom gold lead the way for me today...

1001386fp2.jpg

Now on to the "The six-eyed Sloth... Which I took a majority of fish on the size 8 and one slob on the 10

1001387ul1.jpg

And now the biggun on the size 10 sloth

1001388rc8.jpg

Great fishing with you guys especially before we get more snow tonight crazycrazy

A word of advice from an old guy - don't be thinking about the "lovely Cassidy" when driving and you might stay out of snow banks. Sounds like a [PoorWordUsage] of a day - sorry I missed out, looks like some nice fish. Timmy has always told me that his fishing outings are an absolute adventure. "You can bank on it" he's said. Now I know what he means.

Dave - Do you think if my Dad didn't marry a "Murphy" it would be this bad?

Todd - Dave's right... Maybe your taking your life in your own hands when you ride with me... At least i have some pushing power if I need it cry Thanks again Tank and Billy...

I love vans but hate long wheelbases. No way my old 95 caravan would have gotten stuck in that situation at Darago. It had a shorter wheelbase and a few more inches of ground clearance...

Aaron - I think the best vehicle for me would be an extended cab Chevy with a cap and while I'm at it I'll throw a sled and trailer on it as well... wink

Aaron that wouldn't wash at my house, if the silly breaks down I'm SOL. No fish buckets in her new van...

Talked to Z guess it depends on where you walk on Darago but there is at least 8" of snow on the ice off the launch, off the lightly beaten path. He's marking fish but there being finicky. King Salmon is out there too and seeing the same thing and yes there about 50 guys on the ice there this a.m.

Joe pulled two traps out on to the ice this morning with his quad and it went through the snow surprisingly well. smile