• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Packers in the playoffs!!!!!!

Guys, I am a little bit more savy about Packer fans than you give me credit for. I went to college in Wisconsin, lived in Milwaukee for a year, have great friends that live in Green Bay/Appleton and have been to Lambeau twice.

I just like to give you guys a hard time, because I know you really get worked up about it. I will say this, all Packer fans are dedicated and die hard. That great, it give you something to do. But I do not agree that if the Vikings were in the playoff would we having this two page post.

The Last Week of Football

'Twas the last week of football, and all through the game,
The Packers were winning, the Broncos were lame.
The Vikings were playing the Cards without care,
In hopes that the post-season soon would be there.

The NFC North they had all but wrapped up,
An eleven point lead should have been quite enough.
I still watched the Packers, but to my dismay,
What a shame that another game they would not play.

At the two-minute warning there arose such a chatter,
I quickly switched channels to see what was the matter.
From CBS to Fox, I used the remote,
And saw that game end on this wonderful note:

The Cards had just scored with two minutes to go,
It seemed that the lead, the Vikings might blow.
Then what to my wondering eyes might appear,
But a recovered on-side kick, one more thing to cheer.

The seconds ticked by as I started to wheeze,
The Vikings' defense looked a lot like Swiss cheese.
And then on the very last play of the game,
Came a miracle touchdown, Lambeau Field was on flame!

You see, our own fans had now heard of that score,
As the shock did wear off, they started to roar.
It began to sink in as to what this did mean,
The Vikings had lost, eighteen - seventeen.

The coach who had blown a six-and-oh start,
Was whining and wailing and eating his chart.
When it became clear that he'd brought on more shame,
His thoughts turned to whom could he possibly blame?

Was it Culpepper, Kleinsasser, Hovan, or Moss?
Or was it McCombs, the team's arrogant boss?
He looked at his list, and was checking it twice,
But the obvious choice was himself, Mike Tice.

So the Packers did clinch the NFC North,
And into the playoffs they would venture forth.
And Packer fans cheer with this holiday cry,
Happy Christmas to all, but to the Vikings... Good-Bye!

So much for that. what can you say besides ##*^%$##*&*(, That'll cover it. I'm looking forward to next year, now it's time to concentrate on fishing.

Fishing is Life.

[This message has been edited by Bodyman (edited 01-11-2004).]

Hammer-Smites,
I do know the commercials you speak of. Although, I think you forgot the latest one;, the one where Favre looks at his coach and says "I would have gone for the 1st down to win the game" or the one where he looks at the rest of his team and says "I would have thrown a better pass that didn't get intercepted and lead to the losing field goal had I not choked under pressure"!

Now back to the basics. Notice to all of you Mudducks coming over to Wisconsin to fish this weekend. Make sure you count your catch! Now that I don't have to watch any more football this year, I can be back on the lakes checking licenses on Sundays. Nothing I like more than checking, just to make sure everyone with Mandy Ross jerseys on follow our laws. Also, please keep in mind, we can enter fish houses over here without a warrant. Go Pack Go

alright boz. whatever. as if we don't have over 14,000 lakes to choose from over here.
Here's a quote for you--Alex Kaseberg on the Eagles' come-from-behind win over Green Bay: "There is nothing sadder than the sight of a grown man softly weeping while wearing a block of cheese on his head."

I'm a huge Vikes fan but I'm truly sad that the Packers lost. It sure has been nice having the world to myself on Sunday afternoons, no one on the lakes on Sunday afternoons while they were in the playoffs. Now I'll have to put up with the guy that needs to set up 40 feet away from me when there's 135,000 acres to fish.

Boz,

You can come in and check my Fish Trap any time you want. Check my bucket, license, whatever. Heck you can even check my cooler and have a beer! And just to make you happy, I'll even leave my Randy Moss jersey at home. Just don't cry to me about your packers. 4 and 25 got you in, 4 and 25 got you out.

Have a good day.

that average team at best happened to play last weekend. how'd the vikings do??

i remember a 4th and about 30 that another team failed on a couple weeks ago, ring a bell??

wish they would move to texas!!

what is that on their helmets, sperm??

viking fans, what a bunch of jealous people. jeeeezzzzuuuuzz, give it a rest...

Sperm - that's a great one. How long did it take you to think up that one? I'm sure that's the quick Packer-fan wit coming out. Maybe you're the one that needs to give is a rest - I see two of your posts on this thread alone....

Last time I checked this was the FishingMinnesota Web site. There doesn't seem to be a FishingWisconsin site yet!!!

Many of the things in Minnesota are pretty great; this site, the lakes and to some of us diehards, the Vikings (no matter how pathetic they some times appear)

I welcome any of you diehard Packer fans to fish in Minnesota's wonderful waters!

read a bumper sticker here in minneapolis/st. paul that read: "wisconsonites, don't you have any jobs at home?" j/k of course!
i'm still ecstatic about that 4th and 26 play! How an average at best team thought they were a team of destiny is an indication of the rampant delusions packers fans have.