• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Try the Croix. Better yet, go to the St. Croix River forum and post this question for Turk... he's an encyclopedia of fishing knowledge for that area!

Oh, also... there's a little lake called Nugget not far from RF.... beautiful spot w/good fishin'.

JA!

[This message has been edited by J.A.Say.Tree (edited 12-23-2003).]

Maplegrovefisherman, welcome aboard.I would second the suggestion about giving the St. Croix River a try.It's a little slow now but it can be great if you hit it right.For panfish and northern pike,there's Bass lake, which is southeast of Somerset,east off of County road "I",in St. Croix county.There are alot of other lakes.Start at a bait shop for info.Good Luck Fishing!!!

Another lake is Little Falls lake in the Willow state park. It holds sunfish. perch, crappie, bass and northern pike. There may even be some trout in it but I never caught any. There's also supposed to be walleye in the lake, I tried for them a few times, nothing but northern and bass. I have caught alot of good sized panfish ice fishing.

I fished it when I lived in Hudson and only above the dam. Thats deeper water with some good structure and current flow. The lake shallows up towards the inlet and I have seen people fish the shallow water but never tried that. The lake doesn't see alot of fisherman, alot of the times I fished it I had it all to myself.

You can get a map of the lake at the office showing breaks and depths and I would opt for the year pass verse the daily fee because we use the park alot in the summer. Motors on the lake are not allowed in the summer and I was told that also meant no power augers. Even though I saw them used many times, I played it safe and used my hand auger. Good luck if you give it a try.

Fishing is Life.