• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida lake ice

Yes 3 yrs ago I broke down and bought an FL18. of all the money ive spent on my ice fishin gear (yea its alot, just ask my wife) The vex is the 2nd best investment. The ice armor suit is by far the best cause if your cold ya cant fish. I feel neked with out the vex now. Didnt go this afternoon but thinkin bout a mornin trip for a few hours in the mornin. I enjoy runnin tip ups so I dont usually move that much but may go with out just to see if I can jerk a few from the depths. any reports from today or yesterday?

Thank you Otis

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished Oneida and the toothies and largies were there for the taking all day long. Caught about 15 small gills and only one keeper and one big sunny other than that I donated a few jig hood ornaments to about 6 pickerel. Lee stayed later and the bite got real real good for the crappies wink That's fishing and I did take some pics that are on the camera and not on the computer. I have to get a new memory card for it frown Lee caught at least a 6 pd. largemouth and there was a pic of Tuzzy with a nice gill and that was it. In short it was a long day and I should have stayed after 5 p.m. sick

Iceman...glad to see you jumped The Shanty and joined our family. Lots of great guys here and more fishing knowledge here than anywhere else on the web.

I am going off Chapmans in the AM...will report soon after I get to work.

Iceman, call my cell in the AM if you want to meet me off Chapmans!!!

Met up with Doug this mornin for a lesson on Oneida. went out from the beach. We both got into some perch and I think we both lost waldo at the hole. Fished from bout 7-10 am. Good ice and good walking. As it turns out I can catch fish on oneida!! Go figure. Brought about 10 home fer samiches!! Thanks for fun time doug. Look forward to doing it again

Iceman1603

I was surprised by the amount of Yellow Perch we got in that area...I usually only catch one for every 5 or so Waldos. Today was the exact opposite. Two short eyeballs and one slammer lost a foot or so under the 12 inches of ice off the Beach. Cally and I ran into TOI's brother, I guess, while coming back to our Trucks. He just got done limiting out off one of the DEC Parking lots nearby wink

Mcully fishes with him and he has been doing real well there the past few days as well. I will be fishing with Mcully in the AM just to make sure the Waldo population stays in check cry Love them Oneida Marbles!!

I'm here, sorry I haven't post but dog tired after yesterday adventure. Timmy and I started at 6am and I finished at 7:30PM (by myself) but with a nice bunch of crappies and sunfish. I had the whole bay to myself and it was great, now I know there are a mess of crappies there but they only come out at night to play. smile

Thunderman,

Yuppy got one big ol ugly white slob thing. I had to reach in and literally pull it thru the 6" hole. Thing was a lot bigger than I thought they get.. What family are they? Bass?, perch? If I was a yellow perch id be looking for a new family cause those white things are ugly.. Compost is generous for them id say

Iceman, as far as I know silverbass, whiteperch what ever you want to call them are supposed to be the the biggest population of fish in oneida.A couple years ago oneida lake association says to keep them to eat sick or use them for compost I myself would compost them some people say they are good to eat sickjust my opinion.

I wont eat them, or any other fish for that matter. Tried many times and different species but just cant get the flavor for any fish. I dont think momma would want them laying around in her flower beds either so I guess I'll just throw em back!! LOL

Hey Al...are you in for a quick trip tomorrow out to Oneida?

I live in Cazenovia and can shoot down E Lake Rd. and pick you up. Only thing is, I don't know if we can fit 2 Trap Pros in my Pathfinder. We can try like heck. I will get your # from ThunderChum later and give you a call!!!!!

Just for kicks I put the memory card back in the puter and voila!

Look at Lee's Bass from the other day. That's one an ugly mutha cool

1001380ov5.jpg

Take #2

1001381wx4.jpg

Only decent sunny I caught..

1001382mi2.jpg

Tuzzy's nice gill..

1001383pt0.jpg

Of course none of these compare to the pics I saw from Steve courtesy of Kevin Riley, YEOW!

Went out to oneida again this afternoon for the last couple hrs. Well the good news is I caught 14 fish in 2 1/2 hrs. Bad news is there was 2 good perch, 3 short waldos and the rest were those ugly white perch/bass. Might go again in the morning..

Note from Admin:

Fish pictures must be in the natural environment where the fish is caught that do not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or look like they were just poured out of a bucket and no stringer or fish in a bucket pics.

Thank you...

Well hit the big O today and pretty much got skunked. Started at Chapman Beach around 8 AM, the ice was a mess. Moved around that area till about 10:30, drilled a lot of holes and didn't mark any at all! Went to Williams Park from there, started hole hoppin marked a lot of fish. Ended up with 2 keepers and schooled a few more. Nothing much to show for the amount of time I was on the ice today, but it was still a nice peaceful day. Came off the ice around 5 PM. Plan on going out again tomorrow. If anyone wants company out there, give me a ring.