• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winnebago Ice

Winnebago just refroze the Tuesday night and is still not safe. Temps are supposed to remain cold through the weekend and night-time temps are forecast well below freezing all of next week. I'd say by x-mas there will certainly be some parts of 'Bago that will be fishable.

I just moved here in August. I can see the lake from my kitchen window (well, just a channel). Unfortunately, I'll be back in MN for the holidays, otherwise it would be cool to go fishing with you (actually it's not all that unfortunate because I have plenty of fishing scheduled into my trip).

Yep, I'm on the faculty at UW-Oshkosh.

[This message has been edited by SpikeRoberts (edited 12-12-2003).]

Spike,

What do you teach at UW Oshkosh?
We are planning on moving to the area this summer and was thinking of starting my masters in admin there? Might have to chat sometime about the school and program.

Try to keep me updated on ice conditions.
Thanks

Guess it just dawned on me that you could teach anything....I was making a rather large assumption.

[This message has been edited by Hammer em' (edited 12-15-2003).]

hammer 'em,

The ice is setting up. There were quite a few people fishing the bays between Oshkosh and Neenah this weekend. Even a few brave (foolish?) ATVs out. There are some big cracks and heaves not too far out and I didn't see anyone venturing out too far. Word has it that ice on Butte Des Mortes is better, but the reports haven't been to good. I hope to get out today or tomorrow, but we're packing to head back to MN for 11 days so I don't know if I'll have time.

I teach in the Communication Department. Feel free to e-mail me if you want some info on the school, [email protected]

Checking a few other sites for reports, It doesn't sound like the fish are doing much on Bago yet. I hope to try it this year ice fishing if I hear any good reports, if not, I'll give it a shot this spring. A fellow I once knew a few years back, who's from Winneconne told me that the catfishing is good on Bago, flathead and channel cats. Has anyone ever fished or caught catfish here? I was thinking, catfish might be a good alternative in case the walleye aren't biting. I've been hearing talk of ice fishing catfish, it sounds like fun!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck