• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lincoln ice

mon. had 5-6 in.on 20ft. deep lakes. We have had rain/6" snow since. crappies were hitting early/late daytime. gills,sunnies. some perch. small eyes, and pike.most of the day with lull in mid afternoon.

------------------

Welcome to FM! My friend fished lake Tomahawk last weekend and caught 4 walleye in the 16"-23" range. All fish bit at sundown, and an hour or so after. Tip ups being the method used. I just came back from LOTW and Red lake. I have yet to ice fish Wi. this year. Living in Wausau, Lincoln, Oneida, and Vilas countys are where I fish most often. Do you fish mostly Lincoln county? It's nice to have reports and info. comeing in from all parts of this BIG state. Thanks, and keep em comeing in! can it be luck?

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Thanks for the welcome, happy holidays. I have lived in this area since"96" and have only tipup fished for eyes on Mohawksin and Nokomis. I just went portable this year with a solo ranger and fl-18 so I could hunt for small fry and do more jigging for all species. Love the vex. First trip on the hard water I shot fish through the ice ,popped some holes in 12 ft. and caught fish . I never had the patience to jig panfish, now I'm addicted. Bought the sportman's lake map guide for the counties around me and will try some in Oneida and Vilas.

------------------

Ciscoe, You say you like to catch panfish? If you're unfamiliar with the area, a plat book may help. There's a little lake called Gary lake close to you. It is nothing more than a wide spot on the Little Rice Creek. The creek flows into Bridge Lake, which flows into Nokomis. BTW, Nokomis is my openers spot for walleye. I fish the flooded wood, 4-6 FOW, on the west side of the hwy Y bridge. Back to Gary Lake. The Sportsman's Maps will show you Gary Lake, but to explain the logging roads to reach it would be difficult. The gravel roads are right by the hwy 51 and hwy N bridge. If you find it, it'll be worth it. Lots of panfish, bass, pike, and solitude too! I'm not sure if the lake is accessable anymore, but Skanawan Lake by hwy 51 and hwy S has lots of panfish too. Now that I think of it, I know 100 more good ones too!! grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

thanks for the leads, you forgot more lakes than I have ever fished. can it be luck ,you are a guru! you are dead on about the plat book. it will save me time when it comes to finding public access points. I did go to Gary lake today and knocked on the door of a land owner. he invited me in ,showed me his plat book and we chated for an hour and a half. he said I could acsess through his property but advised against it today becuse his neighbors havent been out yet , so I took his his word for it and left on good terms. As for nokomis, I tipup fish for eyes by grass island where the tomahawk river meets the lake.

------------------