• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dan,

Where are the springs near Jeffries? My brother may head up there this winter once the lakes are driveable. The Jeffries landing is one that we've never used in the winter, but he might use that one if he goes. Where should I tell him to avoid?

AWH

Hi AWH!
I'm not Dan but the springs are all over in that bay, but especially to the left if you face the lake and you're at the landing. If you stay to the right it is better and later in the winter vehicles do drive out from there.

Dan, do you know what part or parts of Yellow froze first?

Dan,
I have a cabin on North Sand Lake off of A. I have fished the heck out of that lake in the summer sinse I was a kid, but was wondering if you had any tips or spots to check out on area lakes; Mallard, Green, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

mav,
i'm just north of county a, off of county c, north of the jackson fire hall. pick a lake - they're all full of panfish and pike, and some are good bass lakes. we usually fish devils, big yellow, birch island and burlingame. hoping to hit a few more this winter. i've tried fishing north sand in the summer and only have done good for bass and panfish - no walleyes. i guess i usually troll the west shoreline. i've heard that right out in front of the "sand bar" can be good for winter walleyes. speaking of that - today is the official re-openeing of the sand bar!!! best fish sandwhich around.
dan

still haven't been out yet this year - log railing and mantel orders are keeping me busy.

saw some permanent shacks on clam this morning. i wouldn't drive out yet, but sounds like you can walk out anywhere you want to. probably 7+ inches on most lakes - but we're getting a lot of snow - hopefully it won't sink.

i've been hearing mixed reports - nothing too hot yet around the webster area. check in with big mike or wild bills - they'll have the scoop for ya.

any current info on snow and ice conditions??
will be up this week and was thinking about
yellow,devils or maybe even clam,any suggestions,also what areas are closest to fish from accesses,any action going on for this weekend????